|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 17:29, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
Hi Mimihitam, The plant on your photo is a Catharanthus roseus. You might want to refer to e.g Image:Boa noite.jpg to see, if I'm correct. It is used as an indoor plant in Denmark, where I live.--Sten 14:08, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
- Hi again Mimihitam, I would upload it under the name Catharanthus_roseus.jpg, and later I would ask the administrators to delete the original file.--Sten 07:44, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
Identification of animals
Hi Mimihitam, No, I'm sorry to say that the identification of animals are out of my reach!--Sten 19:16, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
reusing toba lake view
Hello Mimihitam, I just wanted to let you know that we used your GNU FDL image "Toba Lake View" on our website. It offers an java application to transliterate roman script into the ancient toba batak script. http://transtoba2.seige.net The program is released under the GNU GPL, I hope you like how we used your photography. You are named as author with a link to your wikimedia profile. --manducus (talk) 18:27, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Sepurkluthuksolo.jpg was uncategorized on 24 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:22, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Indonesian Wikimedians in Malbork Castle..jpg was uncategorized on 15 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:UlilAbshar.jpg was uncategorized on 14 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:39, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:MikeO'Callaghan–PatTillmanMemorialBridge.jpg was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:25, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:TowerinLasVegas.jpg was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:25, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:RijuniversiteitGroningenAcademigebouw.jpg was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:25, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:RainnearArizonaCrater.jpg was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:25, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:WelcometoNewMexico.jpg was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:25, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
|File:Hassan II Mosque 9-2-2014.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.