|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
RedCoat 20:07, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Afrikaans | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Ελληνικά | English | español | suomi | français | עברית | हिन्दी | magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | македонски | Nederlands | polski | português | svenska | +/−
the following content you uploaded is not free and therefore has been or will soon be deleted:
The Wikimedia Commons (this website) only hosts media files which can be used for any purpose, including:
- use in any work, regardless of content
- creation of derivative works
- commercial use
- free distribution
See Commons:Licensing for the copyright policy on the Wikimedia Commons. Some other Wikimedia projects have different licensing policies. For example, the English Wikipedia allows fair use of sounds and photographs. This is not the case on the Wikimedia Commons: "fair use" materials are not acceptable here.
Please make sure that you only upload works you have created yourself, those which are out of copyright, or those for which you have the required permission for the work to be used in all the ways described above. Please note that derivative works of copyrighted material are also considered copyrighted. Again, please read through Commons:Licensing, which is quite crucial to understanding how the Wikimedia Commons works. Thanks for your contribution, and please do leave me a message if you have further questions. RedCoat 20:07, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- Dear RedCoat,
- Thanks for your comment. Since there was no photo for Pierre Bourdieu, I thought that photo may be considered as a fair use, since it's a cover of a book. How about en.wikipedia.org? Can this be uploaded there? --Mohsen 20:12, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, absolutely. RedCoat 20:54, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
|File:Allame-Tabatabai-youth.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added may soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the file's talk page.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 20:43, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Splittings-1.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.