More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
MIT OCW videos - help wanted
Hello Mosborne, thanks for your kind words. I am actively looking for people like yourself to start requesting specific clips. MIT wants to start out gradually, with only clips of videos and not entire videos relicensed and uploaded, and focusing on clips that would be used in at least one article. Aside from that caveat, the Lewin videos are all fair game for requests - we can get the raw video to work on transcoding (you can do it yourself, but should also ping Peter Kaufman who will be glad to hear of your work). Then we'll have to ask again for a bulk approval for relicensing. The good professor is most excited about this work.
I have tentative bio and chem leads, but the next professors who seem likely to get involved are in Math and CS. Could you make a list of specific clips you'd like to include, with a link to an article that might include it? Something of the form:
8.117 - E&M on Manifolds (Fall 2012) L12 (Electromagnetic Lie algebras) 2:13-4:10 Magnetic monopole kernels 5:54-6:40 Commutativity of charge 9:55-18:30 Electric field operators L14 (Variational potentials) ... &c.
Hi, Mosborne01, and thanks for uploading your videos to Commons. It looks like something went wrong when you converted File:Westminster-abbey.ogv to the Ogg format, resulting in an unplayable file. Could you please reupload it? Again, thanks! —Ilmari Karonen (talk) 17:05, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Moodle-export-to-portfolio.ogv.ogv was uncategorized on 4 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:07, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Moodle-view-reports.ogv was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:31, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Moodle-view-logs.ogv was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:31, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token a594400f0cd49af3028569d9d70595c3
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
- File:Khan Academy Dividing fractions.ogv
- File:Khan Academy Multiplying and dividing negative numbers.ogv
- File:Khan Academy Multiplying fractions.ogv
- File:Khan Academy Solving Equations 1.ogv
- File:Khan Academy Solving Equations 2.ogv
- File:Khan Academy Statistics Sample vs Population Mean.ogv
- File:Khan Academy Statistics The Average.ogv
- File:Khan Academy Statistics Variance of a Population.ogv
File tagging File:Ashs-yr11-painting-rose.JPG
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Ashs-yr11-painting-rose.JPG. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.