|Image deletion warning||Image:Sade.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
---Nard 01:58, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:06, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Haplogroup E.png is uncategorized since 17 July 2009.
- Image:Pele4.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:9 Cluster Tree small.png was uncategorized on 3 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Haplogroup A tree.png was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:04, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Yadam.png was uncategorized on 11 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:10, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
Muntuwandi and SOPHIAN
Please read and heed my comments on COM:AN. You may use COM:DR and COM:UNDEL for deletion requests and undeletion requests, but do not abuse them. COM:AN is for matters requiring administrator intervention. Please list your Commons sockpuppets on your userpage. Walter Siegmund (talk) 17:13, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Muntuwandi, do you have a data source for the contours of this picture. They are right, making a trace copy of the map is a COPYVIO, but if you have the source we can use the template maps to psuedo color, that is not a COPYVIO because were are not interpreting the lines contours.Pdeitiker (talk) 00:47, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- There is a source for the data from Semino et al 2004. Its just that there are a million ways to contour the data. Muntuwandi (talk) 21:16, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:E_haplogroup.gif
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:E_haplogroup.gif, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.