More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 File:Beware of Hawks (Enoshima).JPG
- 2 Notification about possible deletion
- 3 Autopatrol given
- 4 Commons Photo Challenge January 2014
- 5 Usurpation Request
- 6 Category:Cherry_blossoms_in_California
- 7 Photo Challenge Bronze
- 8 Commons talk:Photo challenge/themes
- 9 Gull idenitities
- 10 Barnstar
- 11 Uwajimaya
- 12 File:20140801-0090 Olympiad Park.JPG
- 13 Thank you!!
|File:Beware of Hawks (Enoshima).JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
- File:Enoshima Stations.JPG
- File:Yuka Exhibit (Yokohama, 2013).JPG
- File:Escar Map.jpg
- File:Enoshima Shrine Map.jpg
- File:Din Tai Fung's Mascot (Taipei).jpg
- Hi, thank you for your messages. I have no intention of violating anyone's rights and have no objection if my photos are determined to be inappropriate for Wiki use. I'll stop uploading for now and read some guidelines. --Nandaro (talk) 21:59, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. whym (talk) 07:03, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
Commons Photo Challenge January 2014
|Category:Cherry_blossoms_in_California has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
Photo Challenge Bronze
|Photo Challenge – Third Place|
while I'm glad you found the new subpage, the page isn't really in use yet (I now added a template to hopefully clear that up). But perhaps you could participate in the vote? I'd really like some opinions if we should separate the threads or not...
best wishes, Anna reg (talk) 17:21, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- Anna reg, thanks for everything. I haven't decided whether to vote pro or contra yet, but I'll comment. Nandaro (talk) 17:28, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi Nandaro - European Herring Gulls don't occur in California ;-) Your photos File:Redondo Beach CA (Feb 2014) 02.JPG and File:Goleta Beach (2013) 07.JPG show Western Gulls, the commonest coastal species in that area. Are there any other gull photos you have added which might need checking? - MPF (talk) 15:41, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- MPF, thanks for checking and correcting. Seriously, what would Commons do without you?! I think I have some where I've classified gulls as California Gulls or just Birds of x County, California, where I could use your help. I also have some that I haven't uploaded yet where I have trouble identifying species. I am hesitant to upload them unless I'm reasonably sure about the species (or at least the genus), but the dilemma is that no one can really help/correct me without looking at the photos. I think of your name every time I hit a road block, but I didn't want to keep bothering you. Let me review what I've already uploaded and get back to you. Thanks again. --Nandaro (talk) 18:38, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- File:Upper Newport Bay (20140217-0160).JPG (uncategorized for gulls)
- File:Upper Newport Bay (20140217-0165).JPG (uncategorized for gulls)
- File:Salton Sea Beach (Jan 2014) 13.JPG (uncategorized for gulls)
- File:Salton Sea Beach (Jan 2014) 12.JPG (uncategorized for gulls)
- File:Salton Sea Beach (Jan 2014) 11.JPG (identified as California Gulls Larus californicus in description but uncategorized)
- File:Salton Sea Beach (Jan 2014) 10.JPG (categorized as California Gulls Larus californicus)
- File:Salton Sea Beach (Jan 2014) 09.JPG (categorized as California Gulls Larus californicus)
- File:Salton Sea (Jan 2014) 03.JPG (uncategorized for gulls)
- File:Salton Sea (Jan 2014) 01.JPG (categorized as California Gulls Larus californicus)
- File:Goleta Beach (2013) 17.JPG (unidentified birds - one of the 3 birds might be a gull? The other two are black-necked stilts Himantopus mexicanus, right?)
|The Category Barnstar|
|Thanks for helping categorize the American places uploads. Fæ (talk) 11:12, 30 July 2014 (UTC)|
Re this edit, etc., I strongly disagree with adding Category:Uwajimaya to an interior shot that merely happens to be in a building that at an earlier point in its history housed Uwajimaya. I urge you to roll back this and similar edits you may have made. - Jmabel ! talk 23:53, 19 August 2014 (UTC)
- My bad & fixed. I mistakenly thought that the gallery was part of Uwajimaya when it was still there. Thanks for pointing it out. --Nandaro (talk) 14:26, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
|File:20140801-0090 Olympiad Park.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- File:20140801-0110 Olympiad Park.JPG
- File:20140801-0112 Olympiad Park.JPG
- File:20140801-0113 Olympiad Park.JPG
- My pleasure. Your beautiful photo of double rainbows in Ferndale led me to the other photos from the city and Humboldt County as a whole. All I've done is tweak the categories a little to make the (already available) photos more accessible. If I've succeeded, I'm happy. Nandaro (talk) 16:55, 13 November 2014 (UTC)