ATTENTION: I am rarely on Commons other than to upload images, so if there is a problem with one of my images and you need to get in touch with me, please contact me on my talk page at English Wikipedia, where I spend the majority of my time. This will get a much quicker response to your questions and concerns. Thank You. - 04:32, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which information may be missing. Thank you. Siebrand 07:02, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
This message was placed by an automated process. Please go to Commons:Help desk if you need help.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:08, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:StephensCity BassHoover.JPG is uncategorized since 9 May 2009.
- Image:StephensCity NewtownCommons.JPG was uncategorized on 6 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:NH Taffy.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:NH Flatsky.JPG was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:NH Pauley.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:NH Gumdrop.JPG was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:NH Ozzy.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:NH Peppermint.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:NH Cecilia.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
|File:Myiopsitta monachus -pet perching on cage-6a.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.