- 1 Image:Air France flight 4590.jpeg
- 2 Maps
- 3 RfA
- 4 Image:Flag of England.svg
- 5 Template:Nickshanks-cc-by-2.0-email
- 6 Image:2001UKElectionMap.gif
- 7 Update to Northern Ireland election seats 1997-2005.svg
- 8 File:Flag of Wales 2 (bordered).svg
- 9 File source is not properly indicated: File:Anglophone map.png
Why do you believe that this photo is public domain and have you tried to find the name of the photographer? Thuresson 13:43, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
- I've not explicitly tried to find the name, but no website using the photo has cited their source. It was reported at the time that the photographer was a plane-spotter. I believe the image to qualify as public doman because of universal free usage throughout both print and electronic media. It also appeared on the cover of the official investigation report, which as a French government document, is public domain. Nickshanks 17:14, 30 August 2005 (UTC)
Hello, just 2 words about your nice works :]
- Shaded color aren't really convenient for other users whom want improve maps.
- Categori(sed ?) your file with Category:World maps or Category:Linguistic maps or other may really help other users, to find your maps, and to don't work to do the same.
Hello! I'm a bureaucrat on this project. Your request for adminship is now pending for more than 3 weeks. Our rules state "Nominations usually remain for seven days, for votes and comments. Admin status will be granted by a majority of at least 75% and a minimum of 4 votes". I'm sorry but I don't see your request approaching at least 75% of the votes, nor 4 votes. So that I am going to consider that your request has been rejected. Maybe you could re-apply in a few months. Thank you. villy ♦✎ 18:03, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
Currently, the MediaWiki can't scale images upwards. That is, a 25 px pic stays no bigger than 25px, which causes problems. That's why I reverted your upload. —Gabbe 06:47, 15 January 2006 (UTC)
- Ahh. That's a bit crap. The thing is the large one makes the page 6 acres squared! Nickshanks
You have uploaded some photos with the restriction that "the author be notified by email when the image is used". I'm afraid requirements like this are not compatible with the free content principle described in Commons:Licensing and files with such requirements are not acceptable on Commons. Previously files with notification requirements have been deleted. Would you consider changing that into a request instead of a requirement? --Para 18:38, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- oh, sure. Nickshanks 11:02, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
Orgullomoore 12:35, 20 March 2007 (UTC)Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --
Update to Northern Ireland election seats 1997-2005.svg
I was looking at Northern Ireland election seats 1997-2005.svg and wondering what it would look like with the 2007 election. Not much different as it turns out, only North Down has changed to majority DUP from UUP. Either way, I made up that image, albeit as a png, here.--Patrickneil 18:23, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
|File:Flag of Wales 2 (bordered).svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
File source is not properly indicated: File:Anglophone map.png
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Anglophone map.png, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.