More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:16, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Boijertz Conditori.jpg is uncategorized since 4 August 2009.
- Image:Fikabord på Boijertz Conditori i Höör.jpg is uncategorized since 4 August 2009.
- Image:Kakor på Boijertz Conditori.jpg is uncategorized since 4 August 2009.
Regarding your censoring of my message to Mr. Wales: it's interesting that you're obviously more bothered by seeing an image of 1866 painting of a vagina than by the attitude of a 2010 Commons admin who, without having gained any form of community consensus, simply starts deleting images he doesn't like, including several 19th century works of art, claiming to excercise WMF policy - an act for which every other Commons admin would have been desysopped immediately. Wutsje (talk) 23:53, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- I do not agree with Jimbo Wales and I think he's actions was totaly wrong. I think that commons should be a free image collection with as few limitations as possible and Jimbo Wales actions goes against our fundamental principle to spread knowlage. I agree with you that the action was unjustifiable, but I do not think it's constructive to put erotic images on Jimbo Wales discussion page.
- All it achieves is a gloomy discussion climate and it makes the agreement process difficult. We have to try and find a solution and try to hold a constructive dialog. That was the reason I removed your post, it was unnessesarily provocative. Obelix (talk) 16:13, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
|File:Fikabord_på_Boijertz_Conditori_i_Höör.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.