File tagging File:Oscar van Dillen.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Oscar van Dillen.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.
- Please provide a source link where the author released it under the free license or ask the author to send permission for release under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported to the permissions-team at COM:OTRS by following the instructions below. –Krinkletalk 09:28, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
- dear krinkle, here it the source as published on my own website http://www.oscarvandillen.com/File:OscarNiaux.jpg - it is a picture taken of me by my partner. is this sufficient evidence? cheers, oscar 15:02, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
- I discovered that already and added that site as the source here. However it does not mean anything legally speaking. The problem is that the source website uses a non-commercial only creativecommons license, this kind of a license is not compatible with Commons and doesn't match the license you selected during upload (you selected "Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike", the website has "Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike"). Aside from the mismatch, the license on the source website does not allow commercial use which is mandatory for the file to be free.
- Either request deletion if the author does not wish to allow commercial use, or ask the author to send an e-mail containing the permission to license the file under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike, and address it to the permissions-team at OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org) –Krinkletalk 19:43, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
- dear krinkle, of course! i overlooked that. we discussed this and having obtained this permission myself, i adapted the description at the original source; it now runs This photo was taken by Elise van Rosmalen and released under CC-BY 3.0, may i take it this solves it? thank you for your kind help and concern; as i do prefer this color photo to the older black and white still in use in some places. very best greetings, oscar 23:36, 28 December 2010 (UTC)
|File:Jcjvdheyden.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
|File:Jcjvdheyden.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.