More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
-- 23:55, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:WZero flow diagram.jpg was uncategorized on 20 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:39, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:WZero flow diagram1.png was uncategorized on 21 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:58, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:WZero flow diagram.png was uncategorized on 21 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:58, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:WZero flow diagram1.jpg was uncategorized on 21 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:58, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Tiburon sunset 2.jpg was uncategorized on 17 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:58, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Tiburon sunset.jpg was uncategorized on 17 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:58, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
TUSC token 84259d1fcad332c1f9bc216ee4017c4b
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 02:55, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
|File:Phil Chang best.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
I found this picture of yours categorized in several categories related to San Francisco. Please correct me if I am wrong but I see no link between this picture and San Francisco; I think this upload was a mistake and I removed those categories. Regards, Martin // discuter 15:14, 7 May 2013 (UTC)