User talk:Philip Baird Shearer
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Philip Baird Shearer!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:18, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Elizabeth-Claypole.jpg is uncategorized since 6 August 2009.
- Image:John-Claypole.JPG is uncategorized since 6 August 2009.
- Image:Elizabeth Cromwell (Elizabeth Steward) mother of Oliver Cromwell. Engraving of painting by Robert Walker.jpg was uncategorized on 10 August 2009.
- Image:North front of Hinchinbrook.jpg was uncategorized on 28 August 2009.
- Image:Clent-Hills-1988-re-enactment-of-the-Spanish-Armada-beacon.jpg was uncategorized on 8 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:20, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Richborough Castle, derived from Penny cyclopaedia (1836) V6 page 353.jpg was uncategorized on 15 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:41, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Rochester Castle and Keep, derived from Penny cyclopaedia (1836) V6 page 355.jpg was uncategorized on 15 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:41, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Castleton Castle, derived from Penny cyclopaedia (1836) V6 page 354.jpg was uncategorized on 16 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:25, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Bodiam Castle ground plan.jpg was uncategorized on 25 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:40, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:John Dunkin.jpg was uncategorized on 15 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:49, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:John Dunkin with signature.jpg was uncategorized on 15 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:49, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Perfect Occurrences.jpg was uncategorized on 18 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:20, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token bf11b73a098aa6a34ead2bec591c65c5
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
The file was not deleted due to a lack of email, rather it was deleted because no sufficient release was received. This file was uploaded August 8 and you directed OTRS to the copyright holder, SiddySounds.com, which was contacted for a particular license that would apply. The stock form was sent back but no license was filled in. A response was sent to them asking for clarification as to which license would apply and none has been provided by the copyright holder. With no license, the image is not eligible for hosting on this site because that leaves the issue of commercial use, derivatives, and terms of reuse undefined. – Adrignola talk 15:44, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
File:Lenin-Trotsky 1920-05-20 Sverdlov Square (original).jpg source information?
Hi. Do you have source information for the image File:Lenin-Trotsky 1920-05-20 Sverdlov Square (original).jpg that you uploaded? It would be very helpful if you could add it to the file's description page. Curly Turkey (talk) 02:01, 5 July 2013 (UTC)