User talk:Philipp Wetzlar
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Philipp Wetzlar!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:05, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Stadtkirche St. Jakobus Ilmenau.jpg is uncategorized since 28 June 2009.
- Image:Wetterbohrloch Grube Fortuna 1.jpg was uncategorized on 27 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Wetterbohrloch Grube Fortuna 2.jpg was uncategorized on 27 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
Hi Philipp Wetzlar,
As a you've probebly noticed, since yesterday the patrolling functionality has been enabled for all edits, no longer just for page creations (hence the Sitenotice). This enables us to track, for example, anonymous edits on Commons. I'd like to invite you to check out the Anonymous edits list and maybe patrol part of a day. See also the updated Commons:Patrol.
If you have any questions please leave message on the CVU talkpage, my talkpage or on IRC. --Krinkletalk 21:03, 16 March 2010 (UTC)