|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
SieBot 22:35, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images 
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:19, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:WMFContribAsPercentOfVisitors.png is uncategorized since 3 August 2009.
- Image:WMFstratplanSurvey1.png is uncategorized since 3 August 2009.
- Image:HBSchart.jpg is uncategorized since 3 August 2009.
- Image:WMFActiveContrib.png is uncategorized since 3 August 2009.
- Image:WMFVeryActiveContrib.png is uncategorized since 4 August 2009.
- Image:WMFArticlesVsContrib.png is uncategorized since 4 August 2009.
Volunteer reminder 
I don't know if you hit all the other VPs ... but Commons has many Village Pumps for many languages (see the top of the VP for the list of all of them)... you might want to hit the rest of them with your announcement. Even if it's still in English. Just a suggestion. Best. ++Lar: t/c 03:03, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
Legal forum for cutting-edge community media/copyright/reuse discussions? 
I love it when we're debating very practical but unusual (c) discussions, such as Commons:Deletion_requests/Files_in_Category:Statue_of_Lenin_(Fremont,_Seattle,_Washington). Thoughts on how to help get these resolved while builing a good community knowledgebase about related global law? --SJ+ 04:19, 28 March 2012 (UTC)