More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:MenokenIndianVillageND.jpg was uncategorized on 6 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:KnifeRiverVillageND.jpg was uncategorized on 6 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:FormerGovernorResidenceND.jpg was uncategorized on 6 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Oilwell-WatertonNP-Alberta.jpg was uncategorized on 14 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:29, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:SteelMuseum-PuebloCO.jpg was uncategorized on 23 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:57, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:TaborStore-BuckskinJoeCO.jpg was uncategorized on 30 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:51, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
|File:Prop44Billboard-DenverCO200.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Just wanted to say thanks for uploading all your photos, especially the older ones of mining and ore processing. Not many people get to see that go on, and fewer still are able to photograph it. -Gump Stump (talk) 21:43, 28 January 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 12:56, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
US Wind Generation Chart
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Thank you for uploading some images!
Did you know that the SVG format is often the best alternative for this type of image? Scalable Vector Graphics have a lot of advantages: They scale better, the file size is usually smaller, and they are easier to modify and translate, helping Wikimedia to distribute knowledge to all of the world. A lot of modern programs support SVG export, though the result is not always what you may expect. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me, a member of the Graphic Lab, or the Graphics village pump. Uploading images in SVG format isn't mandatory, but it would help. But please don't just put the raster image into a svg container (embedded raster graphics.). Thanks, and happy editing!