- 1 mushroom of one specie
- 2 example for creating the page
- 3 Hi
- 4 Bot
- 5 sin(x),asin(x)
- 6 gnuplot + inkscape
- 7 Modified Sine/Cosine Graph
- 8 Scanned images and E-Text in Wikisource
- 9 Image:Cuspide.svg
- 10 Translation needed
- 11 Image:Schio_busto_di_Arnaldo_Fusinato.jpg
- 12 Tip: Categorizing images
- 13 Cubicpoly.svg
- 14 Notification about possible deletion
- 15 Notification
- 16 Bot de-flagging notification
mushroom of one specie
Can you explain me the exact way to put the image at the right place. It could be better to help me, if you can give me an example of your way of proceeding.
In advance thank you for your assistance
Jean-Pol GRANDMONT 07:44, 22 October 2005 (UTC)
- I uploaded them without writing in their Summary any category in which insert them.
- I create the page (not a category) Agaricus perobscurus that contains:
If the page of the mushroom image you uploaded already exists (for example Boletus_edulis), you only need to add image:beletus_edilus_xy.jpg between tags <gallery> </gallery> in the page Boletus_edulis —Qualc1 12:33, 22 October 2005 (UTC)
example for creating the page
Just one more question can you explain me how to create the page for a new family or category ?
Jean-Pol GRANDMONT 22:50, 22 October 2005 (UTC)
- To create a category you have to write in your browser http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/category:nameXY_of_new_category and then you have to edit the text, for example to insert a description of the new category and/or a category (for species of fungi [[Category:Fungi_by_family]]) that should contain the new category.
- You can see some example by editing category of families and pages of mushrooms created by other users.
- —Qualc1 16:27, 26 October 2005 (UTC)
Ciao, sei presente anche su it.wiki? Ho visto che hai tradotto una pagina di servizio (Commons:Criteri per l'inclusione). Su it.wiki ne ho chiesto la traduzione di altre, presenti a partire da Commons:Community Portal: hai in mente di farlo tu? :) --「Twice29.0 · contributi · talk」 15:47, 25 November 2005 (UTC)
Ti lascio due link:
Vi ho inserito il link per la versione italiana delle pagine. Io purtroppo non conosco bene l'inglese, sennò proverei a tradurle io ... :) --「Twice29.0 · contributi · talk」 15:52, 25 November 2005 (UTC)
- Ok, prima finisco con la traduzione dell'ultima parte di Commons:Criteri per l'inclusione, poi continuo con quelle che hai segnalato. Se ne sono capace e ho tempo cerco di tradure la maggior parte delle pagine di servizio.
Is a asine a periodic function? I think yes--Jaro.p 11:31, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
gnuplot + inkscape
- Ok, I'll try to write an example about how to create a this plot.
- I published the script to generate the plot for all my images. The script for Image:Function-1 x.svg is:
set terminal svg size 1000 1000 fixed enhanced fname 'Times' fsize 36 set output "Function-1_x.svg" set samples 5000 set autoscale fix set xrange [-8:8] set yrange [-8:8] set grid set xzeroaxis linetype -1 linewidth 2 set yzeroaxis linetype -1 linewidth 2 set key left plot 1/x lw 4
- The first 2 lines define which is the output device (es: screen, file .svg, file .ps, ...); in this case it is file .svg
- "set samples x" defines the precision of the plot.
- The next lines specifies how should be the Cartesian plane and the matrix below.
- The last line defines the function you want to design.
- Then you save in a file "foo.txt" and execute "gnuplot foo.txt"; so it generates file Function-1_x.svg.
- In most cases you only need to search the script of a similar plot and modify the last line that defines the function. If you need other information, you can find it at .
- Then you can modity the generated file.svg using Inkscape... --Qualc1 09:38, 11 March 2007 (UTC)
Modified Sine/Cosine Graph
Do I have permission to use your script to create a sine/cosine graph using blue and yellow? This would help me reduce confusion if someone with colour-blindness accessed the picture. Thank you for your consideration. Imarcuso 00:21, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
Yes, you can (licenses applied to image and script are GFDL and cc-by-sa) --Qualc1 20:40, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
Scanned images and E-Text in Wikisource
We have in de.Wikisource hundreds of scanned books on Commons and a lot of experience with scanning issues. Please contact http://de.wikisource.org/wiki/Benutzer:Joergens.mi --Historiograf 01:07, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Cuspide.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
Hi, was categorising Image:Macchina di voto elettronico.jpg and think the Italian descrip may be saying something quite important (is this a fake voting machine?). Do you fancy providing a translations to en / other, and checking the category? Cheers, JackyR 18:57, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Schio_busto_di_Arnaldo_Fusinato.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Lupo 10:54, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 23:40, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Caproni CA 1.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Caproni CA 2.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Hi, would it be possible for you to make a second version of Cubicpoly.svg, leaving out the strange dash on top. and also leaving out the formula? In the actual article, the formula is not readable. Regards, Bob.v.R (talk) 23:10, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
Bot de-flagging notification
Hi Qualc1, I'm writing to you because your bot Un1c0s bot (