User talk:Ramone Vicious
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Ramone Vicious!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:31, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Lucha social.jpg is uncategorized since 24 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:31, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Jaime Pardo Leal.jpg is uncategorized since 13 April 2009.
- Image:Diego Edison Umaña.jpg is uncategorized since 13 April 2009.
- Image:Julio Cesar Turbay.jpg is uncategorized since 13 April 2009.
|File deletion warning||Image:Julian lennon.jpg has been marked as violating policy, because it is considered unfree. This file has been, or will be soon deleted. The file is licensed under a license that does not permit unlimited redistribution, commercial use or the creation of derivative works. Wikimedia Commons is a free media repository, which means that unlimited redistribution, commercial use and the creation of derivative work must be allowed. See Commons:Licensing for more information. If you want to ask permission from the author of the file, please do so using a template from Commons:Email templates. For images, you may find it useful to read Commons:Image casebook.