|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
I have seen your on Commons your photo File:P7280136.JPG. Could you please give in the description also where the photo has been taken (Country, area/city)? Further there was no link to a category. That makes it very difficult for others to find the photo. I added the category "Water wells". Could you please add a category for the city/country? Info about categorization is available on http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Category On the page http://toolserver.org/~daniel/WikiSense/Gallery.php?wikifam=commons.wikimedia.org&img_user_text=Ranbar there are more photos that need a link to a category. Could you please add these? Thanks, Wouter (talk) 11:35, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:09, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Milt Jackson 07.jpg is uncategorized since 5 July 2009.
- Image:Hahurva Mertz 2010.jpg was uncategorized on 20 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Mustashfa dolphins symbol.jpg was uncategorized on 25 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:42, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Klal building with light train.jpg was uncategorized on 25 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:42, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mustashfa sultans symbol.jpg was uncategorized on 25 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:42, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mustashfa wall, Yehudith st..jpg was uncategorized on 25 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:42, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
|File:LibyanEE-9.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 04:39, 28 October 2012 (UTC)