Na mapie "Estonia municipalities.png" sa granicy gminow jaki oni byli do wyborow municipalnych w 2006. Na mapie nie ma nowych gmin Tapa (Tapa vald, powiat Lääne-Viru), Türi (Türi vald, powiat Järva), ale jest stara gmina Lehtse (teraz czast gminy Tapa), jest byla gmina Loodna (teraz czast gminy Märjamaa (powiat Rapla)). Aktualna sytuacja jest na mapach "Lääne-Virumaa vallad.svg", "Järvamaa vallad.svg" ja "Raplamaa vallad.svg". - Urmas 12:03, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
Jätkuvalt on vigased Võru-, Valga- ja Pärnumaa kaart. - Urmas 23:16, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- 1 Lebanon Municipalities
- 2 Saudi Arabia governorates
- 3 Felicitacionés!!!
- 4 Image:Zelenograd districts.png
- 5 Zambia province & district maps
- 6 Request
- 7 Map request
- 8 Category labels
- 9 Valga municipalities
- 10 Cameroon - Littoral admin divisions
- 11 Departments of Senegal.
- 12 Maps of Turkish provinces
- 13 Mbacke arrondissements.png
- 14 Maps of Czech districts
- 15 Maps of Togo regions
- 16 SVG map
- 17 DATA REQUEST
- 18 Districts of Tajikistan
- 19 Image:Egypt markazes.svg
- 20 request for map of empire of Charles V
- 21 Map ok Gaziantep Province
- 22 Province Maps Turkey in Kurdish
- 23 Region of Kédougou
- 24 Mozambique
- 25 Map of districts of Oman
- 26 Atlas : 2 solutions
- 27 Turkish district maps Ardahan and Kars
- 28 Request to use map
- 29 Image:Qashqadaryo districts.png
- 30 Image:Haiti arrondissements.png
- 31 Image:American Samoa villages.png
- 32 Andijon Province
- 33 District (srok) maps needed for Cambodia
- 34 Thank you, danke, спасибо, mercy, köszönet
- 35 Request for Hi-Res or vector file
- 36 Shape files for Rwanda post 2006
- 37 Map of municipalities of Colombia
- 38 Municipality Map for Italy
- 39 Uganda Maps
- 40 Nigeria LGAs
- 41 Tip: Categorizing images
- 42 Map of Bulgaria
- 43 Help Sierra Leone
- 44 Any chance I could use your Yemen administrative shapefile?
- 45 Prague maps
- 46 Cuba shapefiles
- 47 Hungary Shapefiles
- 48 mapping request
- 49 mapping request (part 2)
- 50 Administrative Boundaries for Peru and other South American Countries
- 51 Data request (Kazakhstan map)
- 52 Data Question
- 53 Update request
- 54 Full Data and SVG request
- 55 Submarine cable actual location in the North Sea
- 56 Edo State
- 57 Communes of Romania
- 58 File:Colombia municipalities.svg
- 59 Requesting a map for Districts of Burma or Main Administrative divisions of Burma article
- 60 Notification about possible deletion
- 61 Districts of Oman
- 62 A barnstar for you!
- 63 Nigerian LGA Maps
I really liked your maps. Great work! I am doing some research on Lebanon and I was thinking if you could share the shapefiles you used for Lebanon_Municipalities.png map... My email is public here on wikipedia if you want to send me an email.
Saudi Arabia governorates
where from can i find an accurate (mercator-based if possible) svg or png map of all governorates from Saudi Arabia, and their administrative index code (just like brazilian IBGE or american FIPS)? (it seems you only made for Al Riyadh province?)
Usted és grande contribuinte en mapas en Wikipédia. Feliz 2007!!!--184.108.40.206 19:31, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
This image does not correct. The Panfilovsky Distric is in the middle of Zelenograd, Matushkino-Savyolki is on right side.
Alex Spade 16:34, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
- Alex - thanks for the correction. I have corrected the map. :) Rarelibra 17:57, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
Zambia province & district maps
Dear Rarelibra, I know how difficult it is to get good maps of places such as Zambia and you are at the mercy of whatever you can get your hands on. I have seen maps numerous maps produced by UN and aid projects which have got the districts mixed up and this must have happened with some of the reference sources you used, as I spotted a few errors on the districts of Copperbelt Province and Luapula Province. I have corrected them as best I can using MS Paint which doesn't quite match the font of your original labels but I think is close enough, and I've uploaded and linked in alternative versions and put a note on the original versions. I'm also making modified versions to show disticts and distirct headquarters on one map for new and revised articles. Just wanted to let you know what I've done and also stress that it's not any criticism of your work which has been very fantastic. Regards, Rexparry sydney 02:55, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
Thank you for your advice re maps and putting me on track re procedures which I've taken on board as a new user. There is a an article which I've been thinking needs a map: Wikipedia:Monuments and Historic Sites of Zambia. I was thinking of numbered dots for each location on a map which also shows provinces. The latitude/longitude of most sites is given and I can find the rest, I presume you can generate the location dots from the coordinates? Could you do the map for this article? Regards Rexparry sydney 02:38, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Hello, I noticed your map on Eritrean districts, and I was wondering if you could make something similar for Ethiopia. I see that you've made on Ethiopia's zones already. Could you possibly add woreda divisions? There's a full map of woredas and zones (and Kebeles for Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, and Harari Region) at the Central Statistical Agency of Ethiopia's website. The images are located on pages 20-25 (pages 6-11 according to the document's numbering) of the recently published "Atlas of the Ethiopian Rural economy. The document, located here, is a very large (170 MB) pdf, so if you'd rather work from screenshots, I can provide those for you. Do you think you could help me out? — Yom 07:42, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
- I don't mean to rush you, but have you made any progress on the map of Ethiopian woredas? Thanks again for your help. — Yom 15:50, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
Dear Rarelibra. With great interest I saw your Image:World administrative levels.png and your ongoing project to assemble data on administrative levels. I have long been looking for such a map for the Alps & wonder whether you are willing, and have the time, to help me? What I would need is a map of the area 45° 30' N to 47° 30' N, 6° 30' E to 11° 0' E, with the lowest possible administrative borders (preferably municipalities/comuni/Gemeinden/communes). The countries concerned are Switzerland, Liechtenstein, western Austria, northern Italy and a bit of France. Would that be possible? You have my fullest understanding if you can't prioritise my request – and my greatest admiration if you can. I would come back with more details, if needed. Best wishes, Hanno 19:54, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot for your positive answer on my user talk, Rarelibra. I've replied there. Hanno 09:22, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
Thank you so much too ! Your maps are great and it's help us a lot for the project Senegal. A bientôt ! --Patricia.fidi 18:34, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
On the card Valga_municipalities.png, there should be "Otepää" parish instead "Puhajärve"; you had probably some older source, before the town of Otepää and the Pühajärve parish were united in the en:Otepää Parish (it was 1999).
I suppose you are able to fix it better and more quickly than me. Thanks a lot in advance. --Mmh commons 08:52, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
Cameroon - Littoral admin divisions
Thanks for doing some great work. I am using the map you digitized of Cameroon , Littoral divisons. It is the only one I have found that is usable. Do you have metadata - at least a date? Also, you don't happen to have the georeferenced GIS file for this map do you? It would be so useful to me to overlay on the satellite image I am using of the city of Douala.
Thanks for your hard work - Debbie.
- Debbie - I have this information readily available in a georeferenced file (shapefile, e00, MapInfo, MIF, etc). Let me know what you want - send me your email via the email link in commons or english wiki. Rarelibra 21:18, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
Departments of Senegal.
Have all been using your wonderful maps (across every language, I might add). But the Senegalese went and created a new Department, carved from the eastern bit of Kaffrine Department, so Image:Kaffrine_arrondissements.png, not to mention Image:Senegal departments.png needs to change, perhaps roughly guided by Image:Senegal arrondissements.png? If you don't have time, I'll do a version, but I don't wanna destroy your work with my less than percise skills...T L Miles 21:51, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
Maps of Turkish provinces
- While the sub province division borders are alright, the text is too small.
- Maps contain a lot of unnecessary white space.
- Also the bordering countries and provinces are not marked. This would be a fine addition
The key issue is when used in articles, the text is impossible to read. White space makes it appear even smaller. Users shouldn't be expected to click on the map to have an idea.
Your maps aren't just useful in a few province related articles but also on articles such as this.
In any case thanks for making these maps.
Hi Rarelibra, I would like to comment on one error in the Image:Ankara districts.png. On the south-east of the map one district name reads "Sultan Koçhisar". The real name of that district is "Sereflikoçhisar". Is it possible to correct it in the map? Here is a link to an external map for verification. Thanks a lot. --Chapultepec 15:19, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for uploading useful maps. I am now editing about the adminisirations in Senegal. I found un error in your map. The map you uproaded does not contain the Arrondissement de Taïf. Could you upload corrected one? --Falia 12:01, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
Maps of Czech districts
Hello, you made some maps of czech districts, but there were some changes . Can you make any update of Image:Czech_Republic_districts.png, or do you have the map in any good vector format (for me is ideal format dwg :-) or svg? JAn Dudík 19:43, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Maps of Togo regions
Hi Rarelibra. You created the pictures of the togo regions and prefectures. I just listed them in Atlas of Togo and want to use them in an template for the villages and cities of Togo in the german wikipedia. The Image of the Prefectures of Central looks different, can you spare some time to adapt it to the pictures of the other regions? Thank you for your great work. Greetings from Germany, --Martin H. 17:03, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi! Thank you very much for your World Subdivisions Map. Do you have this file in svg (or any other vector format)? Could you please send it to my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org? If you need help with Russian subdivisions, let me know ;) --Usama 22:45, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- In the same lane, do you have the possibility to make an svg version of Image:Norway municipalities.png? Røed 07:15, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- Another time in the same lane: can you upload the world subdivisions map as svg file, too? If not: is it possibe to get Image:Georgia districts.png as svg? This would be great, because with this file, in the German Map Lab a map demand for some election maps of Georgia could be satisfied very easily. Thx in advance! Chumwa 08:31, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- And another! Can you please generate a vector based version of the map of Israel (Image:Israel_sub-districts.png) and email me at email@example.com? Thanks! Ethan1701 (talk) 14:40, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
Hello Rarelibra - I greatly appreciate your efforts and mapping resources. I would very much like to request the GIS data layers (possibly a shapefile) of the Kazakh rayons. I have a great deal of historical livestock data at the rayon level, but no maps. WOuld be willing to share? Please. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Districts of Tajikistan
I am looking at your wonderful map of Tajikistan districts Image:Tajikistan districts.png. I have one request and two comments.
1) My request concerns the identification of the 13 districts in the Region of Republican Subordination (RRP) -- the central west-east band that stretches from the border with Uzbekistan to GBAO. Is it possible to generate a map in which the 13 RRP districts are keyed by numbers? I would like to use this keyed map in conjunction with the list of RRP districts in the Wikipedia article "Region of Republican Subordination". I think such a map is badly needed.
2) My comments concern two districts on your superb map: a) The Rudaki (Leninskiy) district (the long narrow district stretching south-west from Dushanbe) is surrounded by a thick-line border, implying that this is a first-order administrative division. In fact, the Rudaki district is part of RRP, and so the thick dark line from the north should be changed to a thin white line. b) A little further east, right after the southern tip of Vakhdat, the thick border of RRP on your map bulges down to include Norak district in RRP (south of Faizobod district). In fact, Norak is already in Khatlon and the thick RRP border should pass between Faizobod and Norak.
I look forward to hearing from you concerning the possibility of producing a keyed version with RRP districts numbered. Zlerman 03:48, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I just wanted to comment on the aspect ratio about the Map of the markazes (regions) of Egypt. There is something wrong with it, see the Governorates of Egypt for reference. I think you are doing a great job, keep it up. Regards, A elalaily (talk)
request for map of empire of Charles V
hi there Rarelibra, how are you?
I have a request for you: There is no map to my knowledge of the empire of Charles V (where the sun never sets). I have found a map of the Spanish Empire Image:Imperio español.png and a map of his European posessions Image:Habsburg Map 1547.jpg, however a combination is missing still. Do you think you could create one? That would be greatly appreciated... Gryffindor 09:51, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- Gryff - nice to hear from you! I'll see what I can do. Rarelibra 12:45, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you. I also added some information to your map Image:Trentino-South Tyrol Provinces.png, I hope you don't mind? Gryffindor 14:17, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Map ok Gaziantep Province
Hello, I see your map of Gaziantep Province in commons. The province has 10 districts, but in the map we have only 9 district. The missing district is the central district of Gaziantep. Can you help me understand? Thanks ciao --Mario1952 17:16, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
Province Maps Turkey in Kurdish
Hi Rarelibra, your maps of Turkey's provinces are very useful and bright. I took the liberty to use your maps of the Kurdish provinces in Turkey and added the Kurdish place names to the maps for the Kurdish Wikipedia. Your skills in creating maps and my knowledge of Kurdish placenames are important for normalizing the toponomy of Kurdistan. I just wanted to check that this ok with you, and how I can add that you are the creator of the maps as to licence and public domain rights. If you go to ku.wikipedia and search for e.g. Wan, or Agirî you will see how the result is like. All the best, thanks, MikaelF 11 June 2008
- Thank you! You haven't thought of creating provinces in Iran, Iraq or Syria, have you...?MikaelF 12 June 2008
- It looks fabulous! Thanks!MikaelF 13 June 2008
Region of Kédougou
Dear Rarelibra, thank you for your contributions, I think they are quite useful in countries where mapping is scarce. I just want to say that in Sénégal, the Kédougou department has been recently transformed into a Region. This has been approved by the Assemblée and administrative changes will take place before the end of 2008.
I am working in this area, I map with mapinfo 8.1, and I was wondering if you could send me a table of the circonscriptions of Kédougou. Thank you again for your work --Elcaracol (talk) 11:38, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- Elcaracol - I can send it, no problem. I need an email address for you. Send me an email via Wikipedia (there is an option on my user page, on the left side it says "E-mail this user". That way I can get it out to you soon. Rarelibra (talk) 17:30, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Map of districts of Oman
- I have the map layer, yes. The maps do not yet exist, so they will have to be created. Rarelibra (talk) 15:08, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
Atlas : 2 solutions
- ok, accepted. thanks for this explanation. [see my talk page] Yug (talk) 14:46, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Turkish district maps Ardahan and Kars
Hi Rarelibra, Yqu reverted the maps Image:Kars districts.png and Image:Ardahan districts.png to your former versions. I'm afraid I don't see the reason. The province of Ardahan has a border with Armenia and Georgia, Kars only with Armenia. All my maps show this and if you'll have a look at GoogleEarth you'll see it, too. Thanks and greetings from de:WP --Kpisimon (talk) 16:02, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Request to use map
Hello Rarelibra. I'm a student in the Republic of Ireland currently looking at comparisons of local government in Europe and the US. Would it be possible to obtain a vector copy (scale not important) of the EU and US parts of your World Administrative Levels map at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/World_administrative_levels.png Thank you--E.shrky (talk) 12:01, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
You're the uploader of the maps of districts of Uzbek provinces, thank you for that! However, I have a question about the districts of Qashqadaryo province: Many sources, as for example here and here, count 14 districts (and 2 independent cities), which is one more than the 13 in your image. The 14th district would be Bahoriston, if the number of 14 districts were the correct one.
- Man77 - I was working with someone who was able to speak Russian and provide transliteration for me for the district names. I will check your sources and update the map. Rarelibra (talk) 21:52, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
There is no en:Baradères Arrondissement, en:Saint-Raphaël Arrondissement is visible dividing into two, en:Bainet Arrondissement looks too small. Please fix it. --Johncapistrano (talk) 16:58, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I have doubt with these image... Look (note the legend of the map), Rose Island is district and county, but it's not village. Can we speak Polish or you prefer English? LeinaD dyskusja 01:20, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
Are you sure that this map is correct? I found topographic map of part Andijan Province : on this map in the toppest point of map is the village Избаскан (Izbaskan) and this article says that Izbaskan village is in Izbaskan district, but on the map the toppest point belongs to Paxtaobod district (No. 12 on the map).--Anatoliy (talk) 09:30, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
District (srok) maps needed for Cambodia
Hi! How are you? Thanks for all your efforts with maps on wikipedia. Currently I and User:Paxse are currently developing the second-level divisions en:Districts of Cambodia (known as sroks) on wikipedia. However we are missing the entirety of district locator maps on all of Cambodia expect one province. We would be enormously grateful if you could create maps for Cambodia and help us improve coverage and understanding about a country little know about. Also we'd be grateful if you could create a map of Cambodia like you've done with others like Chad etc showing the district divisions on a blank map. Thanks, please let me know. Dr. Blofeld (talk) 13:19, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Thank you, danke, спасибо, mercy, köszönet
Dear Rarelibra! We just wanna say thank You for drawing the Hungary local administration map. Our new map was based on Your work. This is the first public map of religions in Hungary since 1941. --Beroesz (talk) 20:27, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, I would like ask you how can I get the SVG version of your maps of Hungarian settlements ? Thank ! --Babylonien86 (talk) 22:57, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Request for Hi-Res or vector file
I was looking for a district/tehsil level map of Pakistan in public domain, and came across your excellent work at [[:Image:Pakistan_tehsils.png]. I need to highlight certain areas, and would appreciate it if you could share a hi-res version (300 dpi) or a vector file (SVG/ODG) of this map. Will also email you this request. --BlackZeroes (talk) 02:48, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
Shape files for Rwanda post 2006
The Provinces and Districts of Rwanda post January 2006 are great! I could manually take a stab at creating these polygons, but if you have the coverage or shape files you created and wouldn't mind sharing, I would really appreciate it.
You can reach me at email@example.com or 001-202-955-8119. Do you mind sharing your email with me? I can't find it here on Wikipedia.
Map of municipalities of Colombia
Hi Rarelibra. I created a map of Colombia with all the 1119 municipalities of Colombia, without realizing you had also created a map. I started by making it in the first place since I thought such file didn't exist in the wikipedia. Anyway, I uploaded it and if you like you could merge it with yours or use it for further maps. My map happens to be much bigger than yours. Anyway, I hope it doesn't create any conflicts. You can find the file as File:Colombia_municipalities_2.svg and you can find me by my name Camilo Sanchez as user:Camilo Sanchez. Thanks.
Municipality Map for Italy
Hi Rarelibra. I was wondering whether it is possible for you to send the Municipality level shp files for Italy (the one which u used to create the Municipality level map for Italy). I work on earthquake fatality estimation and the work is for humanatarian purpose. Thanks and good luck. My contact info is kishorjaiswal@gmail Thanks.
Hi there - I'm completing a MA Geography research project. My research was undertaken in Uganda, and I require a map of the new districts, particularly Mbarara's new divisions in 4 districts (my research was in the 'new' Mbarara and in Isingiro). The map you provided with Uganda's administrative districts is the only map with these districts that I can find online. How can I source this map? Where did you get your data? If you could provide me with a layer/GIS file or further information I would be so very appreciative!!! my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks for your offer to help. I have seen your work on Eritreas Districts and I was very impressed. I need help on how to obtain an Eritrean contour map, do yuo think you can help?
Many thanks again,
Great contributions from you! Do you have a georeferenced version of the Nigerian local government administration units that you can share? I have population data at the LGA level that I need to map for a PhD paper.
I have the same question as Lomzher, I would love to have the georeferenced version of the Nigerian local government administration units. I am also working on my PhD thesis on something related to Nigerian LGAs. Thanks! I have no idea how you can contact me but my user is hlarreguy, and my email is the same with gmail
Thank you for this amazing detailed contribution on the Nigerian LGA map and please I wish to request for a georeferenced copy (where I can select individual LGAs, color code etc) which we can use for a project we are currently working on for the upcoming political elections that will need us mapping each LGA against political party, population etc with a view to ensuring transparency and accountability as well as getting independents to report on the results to avoid rigging etc. Please you can reach me on email@example.com or this medium - username frwangd.
Thank you so much in anticipation of your timely and hopefully positive feedback.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 23:57, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Peru Provinces.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Zimbabwe Municipalities.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Mali cercles.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Map of Bulgaria
My name is Gergely, in english Greg(ory). I saw your two maps in this site. I wolud like to use both of them. In my University ( University of Pécs, Hungary)we use the ArcGIS 9.2 software. Is it possible that you will send me the maps with .shp extention? It will be very useful for me. If you have a time, please send me an answer.
Best regards, Greg
My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Sierra Leone
I am working a a project with war victims in Sierra Leone and try to map them to their chiefdoms. I have found a png file on Wikipedia that you posted - would it be possible to get the shapefile for the map?
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Any chance I could use your Yemen administrative shapefile?
I'm currently consulting in Amran in Yemen and would like to use your administrative districts shapefile for the governorate and districts contained within it [or the whole of Yemen if it all comes together]. Please email me at your convenience at gfa.amran at gmail.com
- I apologize, but I do not give out the shapefiles for commercial purposes. Rarelibra (talk) 12:49, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
COSTA RICA MAP!!!
Costa Rica map of cantons and districts... Hello, Im from Costa Rica, and I want to thank you for the great job!!! you need to update the map of district, please write me so I can help you with it, email@example.com
Hi Rarelibra, I've just found your Prague administrative map in here. Would it be possible to get this map as a shapefile? Atually I am searching for different layers on Prague (administrative, water, major roads, railways), I could potentially use working with MapInfo. I would be grateful for any help I could possibly receive from you. Max
- Max - please email me offline - use the "Email this user" link on the left side of the page. Rarelibra (talk) 12:51, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Hey Rarelibra! Great municipalitiy map of Cuba! would it be possible to get the shapefiles for that map?
- please email me offline - use the "Email this user" link on the left side of the page. Rarelibra (talk) 12:51, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
I seen the LAU-2 map of Hungary that you uploaded, and I was wondering if you could send the shapefile of it to me? Also I'd like to ask if you have the LAU-1 level of Hungary, and if you could send it also? Thanks in advance. My email address is: http://scr.im/danimad
I work on a project mapping incidents and issues in several African countries. For this project it would be very helpful to apply your administrative boundaries for Uganda, Liberia, and Nigeria to http://www.openstreetmap.org/. I've contacted them and they told me that the documents on wikepedia are too small. Can you help me? Thanks!
mapping request (part 2)
Regarding the administrative boundaries for Nigeria, Liberia, and Uganda; my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Administrative Boundaries for Peru and other South American Countries
I am currently working on a project in which I will require the Administrative boundaries for Peru. So far I have managed to obtain GIS files (shapefiles) at the Departamento and Provincia levels. However, I will eventually need a shapefile at the Distrito level. Do you know where I could obtain such a file? Would you be able to provide me with this file? I am a Canadian citizen and have various GIS data sets myself, so perhaps we could even share/swap data? Please let me know, Thanks!
ps as the project advances I will require admin bounaries for all of South America and well eventually may require detailed admin boundaries globally but at the moment, I am focusing on Peru
You can contact me at email@example.com also
Data request (Kazakhstan map)
Dear Rarelibra, Thank you for the contribution to the project. Since I'm not the first person to ask for vector map of Kazakhstan by regions (rayons), probably you'd consider idea to publish .svg file?
- I'm curious where you got your data for the second-level administrative boundaries (rayons) of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. I've been unable to find these datasets publically available anywhere. If you have such datasets, it would be a great service to make them available. —Firespeaker (talk) 18:12, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Firespeaker - I worked with someone who spoke the language and provided me with maps that had the boundaries on them - he also helped transliterate the naming between the maps and the proper English names. If you need a dataset, contact me via "E-mail this user" and we can discuss (case-by-case basis) Rarelibra (talk) 18:23, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
Could you contact me regarding your data and datasources?
Thanks for your work on File:Bolivia_municipalities.png. As of 2010, ten new municipalities have been added. Any chance you could create a new map file (maintaining the old one for historical reasons)?--User:Carwil 19:41, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
Full Data and SVG request
Hi Rarelibra! I was hoping that you could provide me (and the wiki) with an SVG version of your File:World administrative levels.png map. I'd also appreciate any data you have on the maps and their subdivisions, such as area, population and the sort. If you need any help on doing so, don't hesitate to contact me via my user talk page. Thank You! - ROMaster2 (talk) 02:43, 26 February 2011 (UTC)
Submarine cable actual location in the North Sea
- The blue line are latitude/longitude markings for the cable location taken from files distributed to the public (I believe they are no longer available). So it isn't a prank. - Rarelibra
Could you please send me the sources which you used to form the Local Government Areas (LGAs) for Edo State in Nigeria? Your map shows 12 LGAs for Edo State in Nigeria, however, the article lists 18 LGAs. I am confused about this. I work on languages of Edo State in Nigeria, I am a linguist. Thanks, please be in touch,
You can contact me at: nicholas [dot] rolle [at] utoronto [dot] ca
Communes of Romania
|Dear, I am a student from Leuven university (Belgium) and I am making my thesis this year. I would be very thankful if you could send me the georeferenced shapefile of the communes of romania. My e-mail adress is firstname.lastname@example.org. Kind regards, Hanne Hanne w (talk) 12:49, 4 October 2011 (UTC)|
Requesting a map for Districts of Burma or Main Administrative divisions of Burma article
It would be helpful for a countrywide district map on this article for these reasons:
1. In order to help users better understand Burma's internal divisions.
2. As most of the other nations 'subdivisions articles' have at least second-level divisions shown.
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
Districts of Oman
Hello Rarelibra, judging from your map above, the areas of the districts are defined. However, the area figures in km² or square miles appear to be nowhere available. Can estimates be obtained from the map itself (using a graphics program), since the area figures of the regions are known? Greetings,--Ratzer (talk) 07:18, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Geographic Mapper's Barnstar|
|For the maps you uploaded here, clear and simple to work. Special thanks for this Cuban municipal map, that gave me the possibility to create a complete scheme of map for each Cuban municipality. Dэя-Бøяg 01:06, 26 October 2013 (UTC)|
Nigerian LGA Maps
Thank you for this amazing detailed contribution on the Nigerian LGA map and please I wish to request for a georeferenced copy (where I can select individual LGAs, color code etc) which we can use for a project we are currently working on for the upcoming political elections that will need us mapping each LGA against political party, population etc with a view to ensuring transparency and accountability as well as getting independents to report on the results to avoid rigging etc.
Please you can reach me preferably on email@example.com or this medium - username frwangd.
Thank you so much in anticipation of your timely and hopefully positive feedback.