More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Numeros juan400x581.jpg was uncategorized on 29 October 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:37, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
Please do not upload attack/vandalism images such as File:Numeros juan400x581.jpg
If you continue to make use of such images on Commons, you will be blocked. Thanks.
Please do not create attack pages
The page File talk:Numeros juan400x581.jpg you created is considered to be an attack page since it seems to exist for the sole or principal purpose of attacking or disparaging a user, organization, or other entity. Attack pages are considered a form of vandalism and are not allowed. Please read Commons:Project scope/Pages, galleries and categories. The page has been deleted, or has been marked for deletion and will soon be removed.
If you continue to create attack pages on Commons, you will be blocked. Thanks.