More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- I saw that You added to my upploaded picture/Coat of arms File:Ozolnieku novada ģērrbonis.png category Coats of arms to be classified. I needed it just for my article about some municipality, but now You interested me. What actually means this classification of the coats of arms? The description of this category (Unidentified, unclassified, unknown or mis-labelled coats of arms. We are in desperate need of your expertise to identify this image and find its rightful home in the appropriate category structure. Thank you very much. The image should probably be categorized in one of the subcategories of Category:coats of arms). In the description of this picture I writed that it belongs to Ozolnieki municipality, but it seems to be not enough... Do we need some more information about this coat of arms to classify it? It`s a little bit confusing for me, so please help me to classifi it(P.S. I saw that in Your discussion page already had similar questions, but my Italian and French skills are close to zerro :) )--Riharcc (talk) 05:30, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delay but I believed you replay on my talk page. About the coat of arms: you categorized as Ozolnieki municipality and that is one of the categories. If an user interested in heraldry is finding the coats of arms of your nation, he probably will search in category Coats of arms of Latvia: if the coat of arms of Ozolnieki isn't in that category nobody could be alble to find this coat of arms, because nobody could think to search in category Ozolnieki municipality, and so this coat of arms will be not more reached and consequently it will be unuseful. This is the reason of my categorization in Coats of arms to be classified: now any user interested in heraldry could find it in this general category also if it is not included in proper category Coats of arms of Latvia. That's all. Bye Massimop (talk) 19:40, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:13, 8 August 2009 (UTC)