User talk:Rillke/Discuss/2014

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
← previous page 2014 → next page
Babel user information
en-2 This user has intermediate knowledge of English.
de-3 Dieser Benutzer beherrscht Deutsch auf hohem Niveau.
fr-1 Cet utilisateur dispose de connaissances de base en français.
Users by language

T


Contents

Question[edit]

Restored from archive[edit]

Hi, I have a quick question: is it possible to trigger the POTY script and the 'My POTY' popup on Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2013/Control_Panela certain page? (I'm fairly sure it is, but I'm not quite sure what the best implementation is for doing something like that.) I know on some other Wikimedia wikis it is possible to set CSS and JS by page from a subpage of Common.css/js. Thanks, —Mono 20:49, 21 December 2013 (UTC)

Yes, I could add that functionality. You may use, for example {{Clickable button|Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2013/Control_Panela certain page#com-my-poty-button|Information about MyPOTY|id=com-my-poty-button}}. The only important thing is that there is an ID or class (IDs must be unique) and I know which one should be used by the script when setting this up. Thanks for your help! -- Rillke(q?) 21:39, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
Please take a look at User:Mono/Sandbox - would that 'Control Panel' button work properly? Thanks, —Mono 18:55, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
Yes. -- Rillke(q?) 19:33, 12 January 2014 (UTC)
And now it is fully working. -- Rillke(q?) 18:43, 22 January 2014 (UTC)

Translations for Picture of the Year[edit]

I have marked two more unmarked words for translation in this page Commons:Picture of the Year/2013/Rules. You should confirm this marking this version for translation. Thank you Raoli ✉ (talk) 15:05, 14 January 2014 (UTC)

As in this page Translations:Template:POTY2013/header/3/it and therefore in the header of Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2013 the variable "$time" doesn't seem to be localized ("$time is a variable, which will automatically be formatted and localized."). But my current language is set on the Italian and the I set the settings for date and time. Boh I see "Il 1° Turno inizierà il January 17, 2014." instead of the right version "Il 1° Turno inizierà il 17 gennaio 2014." as set in my preferences. Raoli ✉ (talk) 15:17, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
I'll care for that before 17th when test period opens. Best and thanks for your translation efforts for bringing this up. -- Rillke(q?) 15:18, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
Excuse me, but I have marked two more unmarked words for translation in this page Commons:Picture of the Year/2013/Rules. Could you confirm this, marking this version for translation? Thank you for your efforts :) Raoli ✉ (talk) 15:34, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
Sorry, forgot about the second part with marking these for translation; please just put into <translate> tags what's in need of translation and don't care for the translation markers (<!--T:32) as they are added by the software (mw:Extension:Translate) automatically and the software does not like if one does it manually. I will see what I can do about the date but I will be busy with other stuff right now. Thanks for your support. Best -- Rillke(q?) 21:41, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
I will keep your advices as if they were a treasure! Raoli ✉ (talk) 22:40, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
I do the same with your valuable translations. Il 1º turno finirà il 7 febbraio 2014. -- Rillke(q?) 18:06, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Grazie mille! Thank you very much! --Raoli ✉ (talk) 16:53, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
On this page there are words not translated. Commons:Picture of the Year/2013/R1/Gallery. How to translate them? And I don't see this page Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2013/Control_Panel/it now. Is it normal? --Raoli ✉ (talk) 17:16, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
This is being worked on. These gallery-item translations are now located in the MediaWiki namespace. I am going to create LUA module listing them for a given language. -- Rillke(q?) 18:45, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
Great, so I've found them MediaWiki talk:Com-poty-cat-religious buildings/it, MediaWiki talk:Com-poty-cat-castles/it, MediaWiki talk:Com-poty-cat-cities and bridges/it. --Raoli ✉ (talk) 20:14, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
Sorry, took me a while. Now, it's easier: Commons:Picture of the Year/2013/Translations/Lua -- Rillke(q?) 21:26, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
You are a god on Commons for me! --Raoli ✉ (talk) 22:42, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
In the pages of "2013 FPs by month" like this Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2013/R1/Gallery/M12 the voting system seems to not work. Raoli ✉ (talk) 23:53, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
Brought this up at Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2013#Voting in months-galleries. -- Rillke(q?) 15:08, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
Thank U--Raoli ✉ (talk) 23:34, 21 January 2014 (UTC)

VisualFileChange and moved files[edit]

I nominated for deletion the images uploaded by Gaste097 (talk · contribs) via VisualFileChange. The DR was closed as delete and then I looked at the contributions of the mentioned user and I realized that one of the images that I thought to have nominated was not deleted. I did some research and found that I really nominated a redirect page and not the image with its current name, which had been moved before the nomination date. I do not know if this is a bug (or limitation) of VisualFileChange or I missed something. Jespinos (talk) 18:20, 21 January 2014 (UTC)

It's a known bug for which I haven't had time to fix it: MediaWiki talk:VisualFileChange.js#Nominating redirects instead of actual files, MediaWiki talk:VisualFileChange.js#Bug: it does not detect renamed files properly. I regret the inconvenience. -- Rillke(q?) 20:11, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for having not seen and read that talk page before. I followed the link given on the interface page of VisualFileChange and was redirected here. Jespinos (talk) 21:28, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
No, that's my mistake as I should really fix that bug (but this will make VFC significantly slower) -- Rillke(q?) 18:44, 22 January 2014 (UTC)

Ready?[edit]

Is the contest ready for dissemination? —Mono 22:19, 23 January 2014 (UTC)

Looks like that, although not everything I wanted to do is done, yet. Sorry for not respondig earlier. -- Rillke(q?) 19:36, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
Could you do the banners? —Mono 00:31, 25 January 2014 (UTC)
Where? Meta? Testwiki? Commonswiki? But I quite sure, you're certainly the better designer. If some JavaScript snippet is required for CentralNotice injection, I am happy to help. BTW, why don't you respond in IRC? Or is that another mono? -- Rillke(q?) 11:31, 25 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I meant on Meta with CentralNotice - I don't have the permissions and they don't really like me :). The setup is pretty easy and normally Beria would do it, but she's away. That's a bouncer on IRC so I'm only around during daylight hours. —Mono 17:09, 25 January 2014 (UTC)
I also don't have any special permission at Meta. But tomorrow I can possibly try to achieve something but I will, for sure, have to ask you about the layout. -- Rillke(q?) 18:46, 25 January 2014 (UTC)

Wikimedia logo family complete[edit]

Hello, first of all I apologize for my bad english, I'm french Wikipedia user. ;-)

I noticed that Wikimania-logo has been changed to 2014 (see Wikimania main page). I do not know if this choice new logo is durable, you will edit File:Wikimedia logo family complete-2013.svg?

Thank you for your reply, Best regards,
--Ickx6 (talk) 10:31, 25 January 2014 (UTC)

Merci pour poser les questions en anglais. On devrait télécharger le fichier avec un nouveau nom (COM:OVERWRITE), par example File:Wikimedia logo family complete-2014-01.svg. Dans ce moment je n'ai pas le temps de créer ce fichier, parce que j'ai une maladie. BTW, your English is good, there is no need to apologize. -- Rillke(q?) 11:26, 25 January 2014 (UTC)

File descriptions[edit]

Hey Rillke. Miya pointed me your way for the programming side of POTY. I wanted to suggest adding Blue pencil.svg with &action=edit in the popup to encourage improvement of underdeveloped file descriptions. I'm not sure what your codebase looks like but I think this addition should be fairly simple. Best,   — C M B J   06:28, 26 January 2014 (UTC)

✓ Done. -- Rillke(q?) 16:29, 26 January 2014 (UTC)

Request[edit]

hi, Signature User:**Romina** has a problem. → Check the edit in the Commons:Picture of the Year --Kasir (talk) 11:54, 26 January 2014 (UTC)

Yes, that looks like a bug in the MediaWiki software. I am going to fix **Romina**'s votes. -- Rillke(q?) 15:35, 26 January 2014 (UTC)

IRC[edit]

@Rillke: - can you join IRC? I am around for about 45 minutes here. —Mono 15:20, 27 January 2014 (UTC)

Perhaps this evening. And right now. -- Rillke(q?) 04:51, 29 January 2014 (UTC)

Translation error (MediaWiki:Com-poty-cat-vehicles and crafts/pl)[edit]

Hello, I'd like to notice that the current translation of MediaWiki:Com-poty-cat-vehicles and crafts/pl is incorrect. The word "rękodzieło" is a translation of "craft" in the meaning of "handicraft", as opposed to "a boat or ship". The correct translation would be "Pojazdy i statki". See this dictonary for reference. Kind regards, Delta 51 (talk) 20:30, 28 January 2014 (UTC)

Took this from Commons:Picture of the Year/2012/Galleries/pl. Thank you for the correction. -- Rillke(q?) 04:50, 29 January 2014 (UTC)

IRC[edit]

Can you join me on IRC at 16:00 UTC January 31? —Mono 00:55, 31 January 2014 (UTC)

Unfortunately very unlikely because I am going to a holiday trip today. But I try to prepare everything so someone just has to check and launch the banners. -- Rillke(q?) 07:33, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
m:Special:CentralNoticeBanners/edit/POTY_2013_R1_1 - my request at m:Meta:Requests_for_help_from_a_sysop_or_bureaucrat#POTY_CentralNotice. I am sure you get someone pressing the button. Thanks for your efforts, Regards -- Rillke(q?) 09:49, 31 January 2014 (UTC)

Thanks[edit]

Nearly a month ago now you replied to my question about how to upload new versions of an image. I've only just come back to see if my question was answered and it's been so long the question had been archived, but I found your answer and it was clear and helpful so thank you! Ben Arnold (talk) 08:01, 2 February 2014 (UTC)

You are welcome. Thanks for the positive feedback. -- Rillke(q?) 20:50, 17 February 2014 (UTC)

VisualFileChange question[edit]

I often like to mark a file as copyvio without a rationale in order to notify the user that they need to stop uploading such files. Then I immediately go and perform a nuke or a mass delete with the tool, and fill in the reason there.

Is there a way that you could implement the ability to not prompt for text when marking a file as copyvio? I hate filling in a dummy text when I mark the images. Alternatively, could you give us the ability to add a copyvio warning to the uploader's talk page when performing a mass deletion?

Thanks. Magog the Ogre (talk) (contribs) 20:54, 8 February 2014 (UTC)

@Magog the Ogre: Delete and notify seems to be possible without a lot of difficult changes. Let me see. -- Rillke(q?) 20:50, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
✓ Done in v.0.9.46.0 -- Rillke(q?) 21:25, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Thank you. Magog the Ogre (talk) (contribs) 22:10, 17 February 2014 (UTC)

Processing duplicates and image redirects[edit]

I'm currently working through a list o dupes using the dupe processing available from within the image page. This function does not seem to update image redirects. I know this is working with move + replace but can't remember to have it seen on images tagged as duplicate. Any idea how to fix this? --Denniss (talk) 18:16, 15 February 2014 (UTC)

Yeah, this was I feature I created for move & replace but didn't think about dupes. Let me look into the script. -- Rillke(q?) 20:50, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Hmmm sieht nach irgendeiner Änderung in der API aus, die ich verpasst habe. So scheint es jetzt aber zu funktionieren. -- Rillke(q?) 23:37, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
Es war tatsächlich eine API-Änderung: bugzilla:61906. Momentan werden aber u.U. auch Redirects geändert, die nur einen Link auf die Datei enthalten (also der redirect zeigt auf was anderes, enthält aber noch irgendwelchen junk). Das kann ich erst später beheben (bugzilla:57057 // 1.23wmf16 // 4 March 2014). -- Rillke(q?) 10:56, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Vielleicht kasst Du mal [1] anschauen, ein Duplikat wurde hier verarbeitet aber der Name des auf Commons existierenden Bildes war lokal besetzt, dennoch wurde auf en der neue Name eingesetzt. Priorität wäre eher niedrig da vermutlich viel Arbeit und Verlangsamung der Verarbeitung speziell bei vielen Nutzern. Danke für das mit den Redirects. --Denniss (talk) 09:21, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Das ist ja ein Schlamassel. Wäre vermutlich nur eine (schnelle) API-Abfrage pro Ersetzung mehr: Gibt es die Datei lokal? -> Nicht ersetzen. -- Rillke(q?) 10:56, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Pictogram voting keep.svg Fixed. Gibt es lokale Schattenkopien unter dem neuen Dateinamen, wird das Wiki ausgelassen. Wie sich CommonsDelinker verhält, weiß ich nicht. Ich glaube diesbezüglich hatte er auch Probleme. -- Rillke(q?) 14:53, 26 February 2014 (UTC)

Could you help ?[edit]

Hello,

I'm searching for a way to "simply" add one or two categories to a file (always the same ones). I'm talking about this type of edit : [2]. What I'd like is to have a link in my left menu that would appear on files, and taht would add the categories when clicked on. Could you help me ?

Pleclown (talk) 21:00, 16 February 2014 (UTC)

@Pleclown: Of course, I can help. It's easy: Use QuickDelete. Do do so, Activate the QuickDelete gadget now!
then put the following into your Special:MyPage/Common.js
window.AjaxDeleteExtraButtons = [{
                    'label': 'Add QI + sponsored',
                    'tag': '[[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images by Pleclown]]\n' + '[[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images supported by Wikimedia CH]]' + '\n',
                    'img_summary': 'Adding ' + '[[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images by Pleclown]], [[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images supported by Wikimedia CH]]'
                }
];
This will prepend the categories which is not nice but works. If you need a button for appending them to the file description page, it's getting slightly more complicated:
var $l = $(mw.util.addPortletLink('p-tb', '#', "Add QI + sponsored", 't-custom-aqd-sponsored'));
$l.click(function(e) {
        e.preventDefault();
       
        $.extend(window.AjaxQuickDelete, {
                customQICat: function() {
                        this.initialize();

                        this.pageName = mw.config.get('wgPageName');
                        this.tag = '\n' + '[[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images by Pleclown]]\n' + '[[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images supported by Wikimedia CH]]';
                        this.img_summary = 'Adding ' + '[[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images by Pleclown]], [[Ca' + 'tegory:Quality images supported by Wikimedia CH]]';

                        // first schedule some API queries to fetch the info we need...

                        // get token
                        this.addTask('findCreator');

                        this.addTask('appendTemplate');
                        this.addTask('reloadPage');
                        this.nextTask();
                },
                appendTemplate: function() {
                        var page = {
                                title: this.pageName,
                                text: this.tag,
                                editType: 'appendtext',
                                minor: false
                        };

                        if (window.AjaxDeleteWatchFile) page.watchlist = 'watch';

                        this.showProgress(this.i18n.addingAnyTemplate);
                        this.savePage(page, this.img_summary, 'nextTask');
                }
        });
       
        window.AjaxQuickDelete.customQICat();
});
But since I luckily did the work for you, you've just to copy and paste one of the snippets. -- Rillke(q?) 20:50, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Thanks a lot !! It's exactly what I was looking for. Pleclown (talk) 11:36, 18 February 2014 (UTC)

User_talk:FlickreviewR/bad-authors#Slight_change_in_format[edit]

Please have a look here, I don't want to change the format as it may break the other tools/Bots. --Denniss (talk) 11:11, 18 February 2014 (UTC)

✓ Done replied there. Thanks for letting me know. -- Rillke(q?) 15:44, 18 February 2014 (UTC)

r1 last checking[edit]

Hello, Rillke. Will you please check here? Thanks.--miya (talk) 14:19, 19 February 2014 (UTC)

How wonderful to see that you are checking everything very carefully. Thank you! -- Rillke(q?) 15:22, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
All I can do is to copy & sort Excell tables - YOU and your script are really wonderful! :)--16:27, 19 February 2014 (UTC)

[edit]

Are we ready to advertise R2? If not, when? —Mono 00:08, 21 February 2014 (UTC)

I have to check for two small bugs Friday or Saturday. After that, we can start to make it known in the WMF-world and outside. -- Rillke(q?) 00:12, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
Please let me know when you are done. Thanks! —Mono 18:58, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
@Mono:. Now, I think everything works as it is supposed to. -- Rillke(q?) 17:37, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
Most advertising is done. Could you or @Beria: do the CentralNotice banners? —Mono 19:39, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
I'll prepare CentralNotice on Sunday. Beria may polish it or vice versa. -- Rillke(q?) 21:25, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
Done. Asking Beria for review and activation. -- Rillke(q?) 23:57, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
┌─────────────────────────────────┘
Can you go ahead and activate it? —Mono 01:53, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
✓ Done -- Rillke(q?) 08:35, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
The banners haven't been showing at all. They are being overridden by the Terms of Use banner (priority is set to high) so you have to make the POTY campaign high priority as well for them to show up. Also you should change the text "has begun" to "will end March 7." Thanks for your help. —Mono 18:58, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
Since ToUAmendment only runs till today, 2014-03-02 23:59, and I do not consider POTY equally important to that, I am not inclined to raise priority. I'll take of your second point. Thanks for the remainder. -- Rillke(q?) 21:01, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

Move request[edit]

Hi Rillke, could you help me move File:PODY barnstar.svg to File:POTY barnstar.svg? I can't request on the file itself as there is some sort of cascade protection on it due to the ongoing POTY. Thanks. (✉→Arctic Kangaroo←✎) 15:59, 21 February 2014 (UTC)

Requested renaming. As the file is highly used, I am not sure whether this will break something. -- Rillke(q?) 16:12, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
Hi Rillke, still having unfixed bugs? I notice the POTY notice isn't up yet... --(✉→Arctic Kangaroo←✎) 16:32, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
#Advertise R2? -- Rillke(q?) 16:53, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
Sorry, didn't notice it. (✉→Arctic Kangaroo←✎) 16:58, 22 February 2014 (UTC)

Thanks for your help Rillke. Clin (✉→Arctic Kangaroo←✎) 01:20, 23 February 2014 (UTC)

Update template cascading protected by POTY[edit]

Can you update Template talk:Linear-gradient for me? Edokter (talk) — 15:50, 23 February 2014 (UTC)

✓ Done -- Rillke(q?) 17:58, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
Thank you. Edokter (talk) — 18:36, 23 February 2014 (UTC)

Commons:Deletion requests/1970/01/06[edit]

This seems to have been created by the "nominate for deletion" script. The file is also in the category for files nominated for deletion in January 1970. Any clue about why the date is completely wrong? I have copied the DR to today's log page to make it more visible. --Stefan4 (talk) 14:27, 1 March 2014 (UTC)

Old computer having wrong date and time settings (possbily due to discharged battery), running an old browser that does not allow accessing the request headers for fishing out the server time. -- Rillke(q?) 14:02, 8 March 2014 (UTC)

R2 CentralNotice[edit]

Hi, Rillke. Would you please set the Central Notice for R2? Thanks.--miya (talk) 21:46, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

Hey Miya, unfortunately it was overwritten by the Terms of Use amendment campaign, but should show up on most wikis now. See #Advertise R2? -- Rillke(q?) 08:14, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
Now POTY CN comes up on jawp, too! Thank you very much, Rillke! By the way as ToUAmendment seems to run till 2014-03-21, people would not mind if you raise the priority of poty for a few days. ;) --miya (talk) 14:55, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
I guess someone asked Jalexander in IRC. -- Rillke(q?) 16:07, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
My apologies for that, I actually noticed that you were set up as '0%' when I looked at the allocation tables and that wasn't what I wanted. The ToU banners had to be at High because of fundraising banners on some projects so I just bumped your banners up too (we also capped the % for the ToU banners yesterday so that you/others get more space as well) Jalexander--WMF 01:57, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
Jalexander, there is really no need to apologize; as said above, I considered POTY less important than the ToU amendment and are happy that such a powerful tool is still to our disposal for advertising POTY. I was just guessing that mono may have asked you to raise priority. -- Rillke(q?) 14:02, 8 March 2014 (UTC)

Mail[edit]

You have a mail. Jee 07:50, 8 March 2014 (UTC)

Thanks, read the e-Mail, but not the discussion attached (fig.) to it. I hope this going to come to a solution without the need that I've to read it. -- Rillke(q?) 14:02, 8 March 2014 (UTC)

File:Test Spedona.svg[edit]

The file File:Test Spedona.svg has been sitting in Universal Replacementcat for a week or so, and I am not sure what is meant to be happening with it as the targets have been deleted. Would you mind having a look and working it out. Thanks.  — billinghurst sDrewth 11:41, 10 March 2014 (UTC)

Thanks, didn't notice these bot edits. It was a test for #Processing duplicates and image redirects (shadow-copy-insertion-scenario testing; the addition to the CD-command-page happened by mistake -- I was too slow to revert myself as the bot picked them up before I noticed that I edited that page). None of the targets did ever exist at Commons, nor was the file in use, except in sandboxes. -- Rillke(q?) 12:55, 10 March 2014 (UTC)

MediaWiki talk:AjaxQuickDelete-dev.js[edit]

I have added a suggestion at MediaWiki talk:AjaxQuickDelete-dev.js. Whenever you get a chance, can you please comment on it? --Sreejith K (talk) 03:02, 13 March 2014 (UTC)

Request for feedback on my GSoC'14 proposal[edit]

Hi Rillke,

I am planning to work on the project titled "Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content" this summer under Google Summer of Code. I have drafted a proposal for the same over the past few weeks. This project is going to help the translation adminstrators like you in a great way, as it would completely automate the tedious manual task of preparing a page for translation and then importing the translations into the Translate extension. You can check the proposal page for detailed information on how I plan to accomplish this.

As you would be an end user of this tool, it would be great if you could go through the proposal and provide feedback/suggestions. Your feedback would definitely help me improve the proposal as well help in creating an even better tool. You can do the same on the discussion page of the proposal or reply here, whichever is convenient for you. I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you!

P.S: I need to submit the proposal to Google by March 19, 2014.

BPositive (talk) 13:47, 13 March 2014 (UTC)

Info[edit]

Hallo Rillke,

hier Commons:Forum/Archiv/2014/February#Skalierung_von_.22bar_pixel.22 meintest Du, die Vorlage habe Probleme mit Zahlen > 1000. Das ist offensichtlich nicht richtig, hier gibt es ein Gegenbeispiel Commons:Valued image candidates/candidate list. Gruß --Wladyslaw (talk) 05:39, 14 March 2014 (UTC)

@Taxiarchos228: Weder habe ich irgendwas von 1000 geschrieben?! (wo liest Du das?), noch ist dein "Gegenbeispiel" besonders gut gewählt, da es die Gesamtzahl der VICs berücksichtigt. Das kannst Du bei Deiner Vorlage auch machen.
Balkenlänge = (DateienInKat1 / GesamtzahlDateienInZuBetrachtendenKategorien * MaximaleLänge) round 0. Trotzdem, es wird nicht "ordentlich skaliert" — und das war deine Forumsfrage. Die Balken haben eine feste Maximallänge in px und passen sich damit weder kleineren Bildschirmen, noch der Größe der Elternelemente, in den sie enthalten sind, an. -- Rillke(q?) 07:41, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
Das Hauptproblem war, dass die Balken über die Bildschirmbreite hinaus laufen. Aber okay. --Wladyslaw (talk) 11:44, 14 March 2014 (UTC)

Translation[edit]

Please, review this request. Vivaelcelta {talk  · contributions} 19:14, 14 March 2014 (UTC)

I've simply fulfilled it, trusting you. Thanks for all your translation work. -- Rillke(q?) 21:16, 14 March 2014 (UTC)

User page images[edit]

Hey, wegen deiner Frage: Im Moment sind laut CatScan keine weiteren Dateien betroffen die ich nicht bearbeiten kann, außer die eine Dateileiche, die aber eigentlich schon gelöscht ist. Ich hab auch schon probiert sie nochmal löschen zu lassen, aber das hat auch nicht geholfen... Hast du da eine Idee? --Indeedous (talk) 15:37, 15 March 2014 (UTC)

Hi Indeedous, ich kann auf der Dateileichenbeschreibungsseite keine Leiche entdecken. Ich sehe nur Wikimedia Commons does not yet have a media file called Hasan-Sami-Bolak-2006.jpg. und danach das Lösch-Logbuch. Wo muss ich hingucken? -- Rillke(q?) 15:59, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
In die CatScan-Liste. Dort wird nämlich diese nicht existente Datei weiterhin angezeigt, als wäre sie in der Kategorie:User page images und würde nicht die Vorlage:User page image verwenden. Dabei gibts die Datei ja eben nicht --Indeedous (talk) 13:52, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Wenn es in 3 Tagen noch nicht weg ist, sag' mir Bescheid. Was sagt die Version von Magnus auf tools.wmflabs.org dazu? -- Rillke(q?) 16:48, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Bescheid :D Es hat sich nichts geändert, sogar nicht wenn ich ein Bild mit dem Namen hochlade und es in andere Kategorien schiebe. Catscan2 zeigt die Datei scheinbar nicht an. --Indeedous (talk) 18:41, 6 April 2014 (UTC)

Machine readable data[edit]

Hey Rillke,

I just noted you added machine readable data on Template:Personality rights/layout. Thanks, that’s pretty neat − I think it will be handy for the Multimedia team folks.

I tried documenting this in Commons:Machine-readable_data#Machine_readable_data_set_by_specific_templates. Feel free to tweak/improve of course.

Have you, or do you know if others have, added similar machine readable data to other templates?

Thanks! Jean-Fred (talk) 17:28, 15 March 2014 (UTC)

I think what would work for most templates is the pattern <span class="commons-template-name" style="display:none">TEMPLATE NAME</span>. As {{Personality rights}} must only appear once on a page, I've added an ID to boost performance of User:Steinsplitter/tagPersonalityRight.js. But I am not aware of other templates actually using this pattern.
Other templates like our warning tags for file description pages, basically everything that includes X-To-DR, also exposes some machine-readable data. Most notably the ctdr-template-name-class:
<span class="ctdr-template-name">TEMPLATENAME</span>
To fetch it with JavaScript, use
var t = $('.ctdr-template-name').text();
Yeah, it's baaad work that it doesn't start with commons- but this came too late into my mind, after everything was implemented. CTDR stands for convert-to-deletion-request ;-) -- Rillke(q?) 18:06, 15 March 2014 (UTC)

Autocategorising templates per i18n system using TemplateBox?[edit]

Hey Rillke,

As you know, {{TemplateBox}} has a nice field to indicate the i18n method used. I would like to autocategorise all these templates on this criterion − something like Category:Templates using the Translate extension for internationalisation & Category:Templates using Autotranslate for internationalisation or along these lines − I would use that as a todo list to get more stuff migrated to Translate eventually.

Problem is I’m a bit confused with the way TemplateBox works now − do you think you could help me out here?

Thanks!

Jean-Fred (talk) 17:35, 16 March 2014 (UTC)

@Jean-Frédéric: the result is at Category:Commons templates by documented internationalization approach. It is only the LUA magic between the main template and the subpages. Therefore, editing the main template or layout subpage can be done as if there wouldn't be any magic involved. Note that null-edits are, as always, required to update the category member tables.
Was the answer about #Machine readable data useful? I am just hesitative adding something about <span class="ctdr-template-name"> because seeing your efforts, I fear I couldn't implement that with such a professionalism. -- Rillke(q?) 23:20, 16 March 2014 (UTC)

UI designing suggestions for my GSoC project[edit]

Hi Rillke,

I had asked you for feedback some days ago on my GSoC project. Seems you were busy, never mind :) I am working on the "Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content" project and I need your help in designing the UI mockup screens. Nemo suggested me to seek your help as you have already worked on Special:AggregateGroups. If you haven't already done so, can you please have a look at the proposal page? It would be a two step process and I would need confirmation screens for both the steps.

  • After giving some thought, the step 1 UI can be simply re-offering the editing window for the user to review the changes made by the bot and confirm the same by "Save page". I was even thinking of highlighting the changes made by the Bot in the editing window using some background color or so, but seems it is not possible easily.
  • For step 2, feedback from some users suggests to have a diff style like UI for confirmation screen.

What are your thoughts? Please let me know how the UI should be so that I can come up with a UI mockup and we can discuss the design further. In case if you are busy, please let me know who else can help me out with this :)

BPositive (talk) 19:10, 18 March 2014 (UTC)

I am busy, that's true, but I support your project; tools for mass-migration wiki-content are required. You may cite this by diff.
Highlighting in a standard textbox is not easy (cross-browser-wise; look at Google translator, for example) but if you use ACE cloud9 editor, which is deployed as Extension:CodeEditor (or just bundle it with your extension) or wikiEd, it should not be too hard.
Appeal: Build your software step by step, module by module; don't expect quick code review if you want to get some MediaWiki extension or even something in core changed; try it your own: Migrate a page with old translations yourself and think about how and where you could improve that process leveraging the power of AJAX, the MediaWiki-API, maybe third party APIsdangerous and JavaScript in general.
Currently, you write about a bot. These are structures most wiki editos think in. A bot is something you can see and touch. It is nice because if it makes mistakes, it isn't done under your user account. But in most cases, there is no reason for bots anymore. If something must be continuously executed/scheduled, use oAuth, if something requires sever processing or the database, use the AJAX and the API, if something just requires processing, use JavaScript. If you want to save/submit multiple edits, use AJAX. Best -- Rillke(q?) 12:43, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Hi, thank you for the feedback. That did trigger some thoughts in my mind. You dint mention anything about the second step in which imported translations would be verified. The aim of that step is to eliminate tab switching + copy paste. What options do you see for that? BPositive (talk) 13:41, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Thanks Rillke, your advice is wonderful. --Nemo 13:47, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Hi Pratik, in step 2, of course one needs the source language version (mostly English) and the guess from your mass-migration tool. It would be handy if one would have some kind of "text marker" allowing to select the text being considered as a translation of the source with some pre-selection by the tool and a big fat button, as well as a keyboard shortcut to just confirm. Maybe just give the text not selected a darker background visually similar to what you can do with images but of course a dedicated solution for text.
Given you'll need a lot of feedback on tweaking your detection algorithm (and this will be your core module for step 2), consider building and automatic feedback system. On Tool-Labs, create a database:
| fb_id PRIMARY KEY | fb_page VARCHAR (300) | fb_project VARCHAR (50) | fb_diff_user_edit INT | fb_suggestion_by_tool VARCHAR (600) | fb_comment_by_user TINYTEXT |
Then, as soon as the user makes a different selection compared to the tool's proposal, prompt for feedback in a non-modal in a non-intrusive fashion. For example how they think the software could have detected the unit correctly and submit it via AJAX/JSON. If I should give you a hand implementing that, just let me know.
BTW, if you have the choice, consider using CodeMirror as it is supposed to perform better with BiDi text and glyphs of varying width compared to ACE. Are you aware of the content editable attribute? This is okay for allowing minor changes, I think. In case you need to get a connection between wiki source code and HTML, have a look at Parsoid, which is on wikis where VisualEditor is enabled available through the API. -- Rillke(q?) 17:25, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Thanks again for the wonderful suggestions. I will think on them and get back to you soon :) BPositive (talk) 15:48, 20 March 2014 (UTC)

POTY progress[edit]

Hi Rillke! I hope you and the rest of the POTY team are well. Just curious about the progress regarding POTY2013.... The last edits I can find on the internal pages were from March 11... is there anything I can volunteer to help with? Best regards, Storkk (talk) 12:12, 21 March 2014 (UTC)

Hi Storkk. I never prepared the result pages. This was usually done by one of my fellow committee members. If nothing happens within 7 days, I'll take a look into this. But if you like to help, have a look there: Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2013#R2 results -- Rillke(q?) 14:50, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
Thanks... glad to know it hasn't just been stuck in a rut. Apologies for having missed the most obvious page! (I was looking at Results/Candidates and Results/processing). Cheers, Storkk (talk) 15:11, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
A heartfelt thanks to you and the rest of the POTY team for all your hard work on POTY 2013! Best regards, Storkk (talk) 10:42, 27 March 2014 (UTC)

Tiny 1.1[edit]

Be..anyone sandbox.svg 18px is valid SVG tiny 1.1, the SVG 1.1 profile without scripts and without styles, that might be actually safer and/or more widely supported than any solipodi-namespace-inkcruft in Cc-by_new.svg Cc-by new.svg, valid or otherwise. Not the same as 1.2 or basic. –Be..anyone (talk) 12:37, 22 March 2014 (UTC)

Okay, done. -- Rillke(q?) 13:03, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
Tnx, maybe add {{ValidSVG}} and Category:Encircled letters, numbers and symbols as on many other inhabitants of this zoo. –Be..anyone (talk) 16:34, 22 March 2014 (UTC)

Upload counters[edit]

Hi. Thanks for responding to my query on the Village Pump concerning upload counters. However, I do not understand how to do the things you recommended, nor can I make heads or tails of the resources to which you linked ([3][4][5]). Can you help me out? Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 01:15, 26 March 2014 (UTC)

You either need knowledge in JavaScript or another programming language you can use for interacting with the API or you'll have to know how to run database queries. But if you like, I can code a bot fetching these statistics once per months and updating a page on-wiki with this number. However, this needs time and won't happen before April ... -- Rillke(q?) 09:09, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
I really appreciate that. Should I get back to you by say, the end of April? Nightscream (talk) 16:31, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
Yes, that would be helpful, I guess. Thank you. -- Rillke(q?) 19:24, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
@Nightscream:: User:Nightscream/uploadsAlive Rillke(q?) 09:02, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Okay, did I do it right? Nightscream (talk) 04:23, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
If the bot visits that page tomorrow at 03:20, you did :) - you can then transclude that page and I'll delete User:Nightscream/uploadsAlive. If you do not know what transcluding means, consult your preferred Wikipedia about templates. -- Rillke(q?) 13:12, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
It did visit the page, but it says "Number of top file revisions (i.e. not overwritten and not deleted) by Nightscream: 8553". When it says "file revisions", does that include all edits, or just image uploads? This is important, because I do quite a bit of editing to file pages, and I want to know just the number of images.
Also, what does "transclude" mean? I have a pretty good vocabulary, but I'm not familiar with that term, and neither dictionary.com nor The American Heritage Dictionary had that term. Nightscream (talk) 04:00, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
File revisions means file revisions, not file description page revision. -- Rillke(q?) 07:12, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
If you do not know what transcluding means, consult your preferred Wikipedia about templates. Do the same for looking-up transclude. Do not try looking this up in a dictionary. -- Rillke(q?) 07:12, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
Thanks, Rillke. Your help is much appreciated. Nightscream (talk) 00:17, 8 May 2014 (UTC)

Tool zum Zusammenklicken von Galerien aus Kategorien[edit]

Hallo Rillke! Da du sehr gut überschaust, welche Tools es auf Commons gibt (und viele selbst programmiert hast) frage ich dich mal direkt: Gibt es ein Tool, mit dem ich mir Galerien zusammenklicken kann. Also ähnlich wie der QI-Nominiator. Ich stelle mir etwas so eine Funktion vor:

  • Händische Auswahl bestimmter Fotos aus einer Kategorie z.B. aus Category:Quality images by Tuxyso
  • Per Maus kann ich dann die Fotos anklicken, die ich gerne in der Galerie haben möchte
  • Dort, wo ich die <gallery> anlegen möchte klicke ich im Edit-Feld auf "Insert Saved Images" und Flupp werden mir alle zuvor ausgewählten Bilder (inkl. Überschrift) dort eingefügt.

Wie ließe sich so etwas (mit den schon existierenden Mitteln) möglichst einfach lösen? Fändest du so ein Tool als eine Neuentwicklung grundsätzlich sinnvoll? Die Schwierigkeit ist ja, dass wir momentan auf Commons eine Doppelstruktur haben. Auf der einen Seite wird fleißig kategorisiert, auf der anderen Seite hat keiner Lust Galerie-Seiten auf Commons z.B.

zu warten. Eine wie oben vorgeschlagene Klick-Lösung oder eine Art Schnittmengen-Tool, das z.B. alle Fotos einer bestimmten Kategorie mit denen auf einer Galerie-Seite abgleicht wäre für solche Zwecke sehr hilfreich. Und so etwas im Stil von einer Dynamic Page List für Bilder gibt es ja auf Commons auch nicht, oder? Danke schon mal für deine Antwort. --Tuxyso (talk) 14:42, 29 March 2014 (UTC)

Ganz schnell schon mal die Antwort zur Dynamic Page List; die gibt es auf Commons und den meisten großen Projekten nicht, weil sie nicht effizient arbeitet.
Zum Warten der Galerie-Seiten: Man fragt sich, wie sinnvoll das noch ist, mit Daniel Schwen's FastCCI bekommt man ja schon die besten Bilder ausgespuckt, natürlich nicht mit Bildunterschriften und logisch sortiert, ...
So ein Tool sollte eigentlich nicht so schwer zu implementieren sein (Cat-a-lot hat Code der wiederbenutzbar wäre); frag' mal den Schnark, vielleicht hat der schon eine fertige Lösung oder ist willens ganz fix eine zu basteln. Ich glaube der hat so was schon für irgendwelche Dateiwartungsaufgaben auf de: geschrieben.
@Leyo: Weißt Du noch wie das Tool hieß? -- Rillke(q?) 15:12, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Meinst du fileAdm? Schnark ist übrigens momentan inaktiv. --Leyo 19:45, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
  • Im ersten Schritt würde es ja im Grund schon reichen, wenn man die Fotos einer bestimmten Kategorie als nicht weiter formatierte Liste in dem Stil
File:xyz.jpg
File abc.jpg

(ggf. noch mit Überschrift) erhält. Gibt es so etwas denn schon? Es muss ja nicht direkt eine Kliki-Bunti-Lösung sein. Grüße, --Tuxyso (talk) 06:05, 4 April 2014 (UTC)

ABF 109[edit]

Hallo, Weist du wie man den filter ändern muss dass er auch {{TNT|policy}} erkennt. Ich habe es gerade geschafft den gesamten RC zu "taggen". *augenroll* --Steinsplitter (talk) 22:38, 29 March 2014 (UTC)

✓ Done. Man sollte aber überdenken, diesen Filter umzuschreiben. Es ist suboptimal, dass er gerade hier angesprungen ist. -- Rillke(q?) 23:17, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Danke :) Schönen abend noch^^ --Steinsplitter (talk) 23:21, 29 March 2014 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Gadget-RenameLink.js[edit]

Hello, can you help me with this gadget, how to install this gadget on sh wikipedia? --Kolega2357 (talk) 08:06, 8 April 2014 (UTC)

  1. You need an administrator.
  2. You need some dependencies currently:
    1. Copy/import MediaWiki:Gadget-AjaxQuickDelete.js, MediaWiki:Gadget-AjaxQuickDelete.css, MediaWiki:Gadget-RenameLink.js, MediaWiki:Gadget-libCommons.js, MediaWiki:Gadget-libJQuery.js, MediaWiki:Gadget-libJQuery.css, MediaWiki:Gadget-libUtil.js, MediaWiki:RenameRequest.js
    2. Register them by adding to sh:MediaWiki:Gadgets-definition:
* RenameLink[ResourceLoader|dependencies=mediawiki.user,mediawiki.util,ext.gadget.AjaxQuickDelete|rights=upload,writeapi]|RenameLink.js
* AjaxQuickDelete[ResourceLoader|dependencies=mediawiki.util,mediawiki.user,jquery.ui.dialog,ext.gadget.libCommons,ext.gadget.libJQuery,ext.gadget.libUtil|rights=writeapi,hidden|hidden]|AjaxQuickDelete.js|AjaxQuickDelete.css
* libCommons [ResourceLoader|rights=hidden|hidden]|libCommons.js
* libJQuery [ResourceLoader|rights=hidden|hidden]|libJQuery.js|libJQuery.css
* libUtil [ResourceLoader|dependencies=mediawiki.util|rights=hidden|hidden]|libUtil.js
  1. Go to sh:Special:Gadgets and compare with Special:Gadgets. Some messages/descriptions are missing; copy them from Commons.
  2. Enable the gadget sh:Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-gadgets and check whether it works. If not, let me know here.
  3. If it works, you may want to translate MediaWiki:Gadget-AjaxQuickDelete.js/de.js and MediaWiki:RenameRequest.js. I would be pleased if you would find the time providing the gadget translation also on Commons.
  4. If you not want to copy all the stuff, let me know and I will provide you with a small code-snippet that you just have to insert and the gadget will be loaded from Commons. However, I cannot warrent that this will continue to work if we make changes to our gadgets at Commons.
-- Rillke(q?) 09:24, 8 April 2014 (UTC)

User:Rillke/bigChunkedUpload.js[edit]

Kannst du den ändern, so dass der blinkende Cursor in der "summary" liegt? Also etwa

document.getElementById("summary" + instanceId).focus();

. --McZusatz (talk) 18:28, 8 April 2014 (UTC)

Super Idee. ✓ Erledigt. Da schon ein Verweis auf das Feld existierte, muss ich es nicht erneut aus dem DOM-tree heraussuchen lassen. :-) -- Rillke(q?) 11:06, 9 April 2014 (UTC)

Panoramio human review[edit]

Dear Admin Rillke,

Please try to mark these images here which are in Belarus which has no FOP. If it violates FOP, please consider filing a speedy delete or a DR. I have marked several images but perhaps you can mark these few photos. Thank You, --Leoboudv (talk) 05:12, 9 April 2014 (UTC)

Sorry, I just found the time to comment in one DR. I wasn't sure about the other cases, whether the buildings were the main subject etc. -- Rillke(q?) 16:00, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

Bot de-flagging notification[edit]

Hi Rillke/Discuss/2014, I'm writing to you because your bot GeoUploadR (talk · contributions · Number of edits · recent activity · block log · User rights log · uploads · Global account information) is about to be de-flagged as a result of inactivity for a period longer than two years. If you'd like to keep that account flagged as a bot, please speak up at Commons:Bots/Requests/de-flag 2#Discussion; otherwise, I'll remove the bot flag from that account in a month from now (). Thanks for your understanding, odder (talk) 13:28, 10 April 2014 (UTC)

✓ Done Task completed. -- Rillke(q?) 15:59, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

Question/Feature request regarding VisualFileChange.js[edit]

Hi Rillke, I hope you are well. Would it be possible to add a function to change the DR subpage created when creating a mass deletion request using your tool? The reason I ask, is for example: Commons:Deletion_requests/Files_uploaded_by_Tinwillchow - I wanted to use your tool to nominate all the files of a user, but for three distinct reasons. If I had done it in three goes with different DRs, how would your tool have responded? I guessed that it would have added a single subpage with three different headings, but I think it would be better as three different pages, no? Cheers, and thanks for all of your great tools! Storkk (talk) 13:45, 10 April 2014 (UTC)

User:UploadStatsBot[edit]

Congratulations! Task was approved. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:11, 14 April 2014 (UTC)

Thank you. -- Rillke(q?) 15:59, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

VisualFileChange.js in "User name" mode[edit]

Hello Rillke,

Thank you for developing the VisualFileChange.js tool.

Also, I was unsure whether to post this comment here or at MediaWiki talk:VisualFileChange.js. I posted here as this page seems more active, but apologies if this is in the wrong place.

When using VisualFileChange.js tool, I am finding that if I use the "Category name" option (on the "What user or category is this action about?" dialog) then it all works perfectly fine and I can select more files (30 at a time) by clicking on the "More" button, or scrolling down the page. That's all good.

However, I notice that when I instead select "User name", only a small number of thumbnails appear, and then it appears to get stuck. When I then click on the "More" button, it just stays greyed-out with no more images appearing. I haven't changed any of the advanced options from the defaults. The script appears to be getting stuck at the same point for any given user.

For example for User:Benkid77 I can only see 9 images. For User:Green Lane, I can only see the first 30 images but then no more. Each of these users (previous accounts of mine) have around 5000 images. I am seeing the same behaviour for other users I have tested it on.

I was just looking to update the attributions on some of the photos I had uploaded under previous accounts, and also add some more cats to all of them.

I have tried running VisualFileChange under Chrome, Firefox and IE and on two different computers, but can't get it to fetch any more than the first lot of files in "User name" mode.

As I say though "Category name" mode is working perfectly for me, but I was hoping to use "User name" mode for this particular task.

I wonder if this behaviour is peculiar to me, as I notice no-one else has reported it, or if this problem can be reproduced?

Thanks for any possible help or reply, Kind Regards Rept0n1x (talk) 11:12, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

It can be reproduced and I have applied an interim fix in v.0.9.46.1. It is related to the fact that it's still using it's only API continue-handling and not libAPI's. -- Rillke(q?) 15:51, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for taking the time to report all these details and for debugging. -- Rillke(q?) 15:52, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Thank you very much for the quick reply and also for applying the fix. Indeed, I can confirm it is working absolutely fine for me now. :) Rept0n1x (talk) 16:20, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for testing :) However, if you enter a start date, it fails. I have to change quite a lot... -- Rillke(q?) 17:32, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for the further information. Fortunately, I don't need enter a start date at the moment as I have found the "Continue" button sufficient for the tasks I am performing today. Thanks again! Rept0n1x (talk) 18:14, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

File:Tibi Fall-Winter 2010 117.jpg[edit]

Thanks for reuploading the broken files at Category:Tibi (brand). Note that File:Tibi Fall-Winter 2010 117.jpg from https://www.flickr.com/photos/33530571@N02/4484101861/in/set-72157623631907799 is still broken and without a file description page. - hahnchen 13:19, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

Yeah, you can do this, if you have time :) -- Rillke(q?) 15:37, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Newimages-summary[edit]

Special:Diff/122050518/122051820 I think you misspelled "style". TeleComNasSprVen (talk) 15:19, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

Thank you. Now correct. -- Rillke(q?) 15:36, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

Missing language in Multilingual description[edit]

Hello, I noticed you ported to LUA the logic of the MLD a while ago.
Someone reported an issue with it.
I made an error when adding the lv language in the old version, it should have been
{{#if:{{{lv|}}}|{{ls|lv|{{{lv|}}}|classes=description}}}}
instead of
{{#if:{{{lt|}}}|{{ls|lv|{{{lv|}}}|classes=description}}}}
I don't know where to correct it, since it's LUA. I've tracked the two modules, but I am missing something apparently.
See Template talk:Multilingual description#Missing language code.
Esby (talk) 21:14, 25 April 2014 (UTC)

Pictogram voting keep.svg Fixed: Special:Diff/122296519. And I parsed the template and took the mistake over to Module:Multilingual description/sort. -- Rillke(q?) 07:23, 26 April 2014 (UTC)

User:GeoUploadR[edit]

Zwei Icons sind scheinbar nicht hochgeladen worden, dieses und jenes fehlen aus irgendeinem Grund. --Denniss (talk) 16:30, 26 April 2014 (UTC)

Danke, werde sie händisch hochladen. Wenn Fehler auftraten, hat der Bot sie übersprungen. Ist noch nicht besonders gut, der node.js upload-code -- Rillke(q?) 21:46, 26 April 2014 (UTC)

Viren[edit]

Das Sauberste wäre sicher, Fotos an einem 80486 oder so zu machen. Screenshots gab es ja damals noch nicht. Was ich so zu bieten habe, ist ja alles nicht echt, sind ja nur Simulationen von Betriebssystemen. --Ralf Roleček 07:19, 28 April 2014 (UTC)

So ein Gerät besitze ich gar nicht :P Simulationen von Betriebssystemen -- meinst Du so eine Art VM? Ist doch auch schön. Wenn Du mir sagst, wo ich die richtige VM herbekomme, installiere ich sie vorher. -- Rillke(q?) 11:55, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
Ich hab im Keller noch einen 386/40 AMD, allerdings zickt der Bildschirm und moderne funktionieren nicht. Ich schau mal...--Ralf Roleček 18:29, 28 April 2014 (UTC)

Edit request[edit]

Hallo Rainer, ich bin wieder mal an protected templates und benötige die Hilfe eines Admins. Und weil es nicht so ganz einfach ist jemanden zu finden der dazu bereit ist, wende ich mich an dich.
Es geht um den Komplex der {{Created with}} mit {{Inkscape}}, {{Adobe}} etc. Alle Dokumentationen und an die hundert localizeds habe ich bereits editiert, und nun passt es nicht mehr so recht zusammen bis auch die sechs protected templates angepasst sind.
Darf ich dir die betreffenden source codes übermitteln? Gruss sarang사랑 08:00, 29 April 2014 (UTC)

Mach' das. Wenn Du in Zukunft weniger Wartungsarbeit willst, Help:Autotranslate#ext.translate. Beispiel: Special:PrefixIndex/User Wiki Loves Monuments/. Die per Translate-Extension übersetzten Unterseiten können nämlich einfach per Bot auf den neusten Stand gebracht werden. -- Rillke(q?) 21:06, 29 April 2014 (UTC)

Tja, so dunkel vermutet habe ich ja dass das einfacher gehen müsste. Nur nicht gewusst - danke für den Hinweis! Dass es per bot machbar ist war mir klar; aber es gelingt mir seit Monaten nicht auf Bot-Anfragen eine Antwort zu bekommen, das habe ich aufgegeben…
Die 6 templates sind in User:Sarang/T vorbereitet, so dass es relativ einfach, mit wenigen Clicks machbar ist. Sollte ohne Nachfragen deutlich sein, hoffe ich. sarang사랑 07:36, 30 April 2014 (UTC)

Ja, das hat gut geklappt. Mal sehen, ob es Beschwerden gibt. -- Rillke(q?)

Sollte ohne Ärger tun. Eigens für das komplexe Zusammenspiel mit Übersetzung etc. habe ich mir eine Vorlagentestumgebung aufgebaut, und alle Funktionen durchgetestet. Es kann natürlich immer was passieren, das lässt sich zwar weitgehend aber nicht völlig ausschliessen. Wir wollen hoffen dass es, wenn schon keine begeisterten Akklamationen, so auch kein Gemecker gibt. Ich bedanke mich für die Erledigung sarang사랑 14:28, 30 April 2014 (UTC)

MediaWiki talk:VisualFileChange.js#Numbering[edit]

Hallo Rillke. Magst du da gelegentlich antworten? Falls es Gründe gibt, die dagegen sprechen, oder es zu aufwändig wäre, kann der Abschnitt dort archiviert werden. --Leyo 21:18, 29 April 2014 (UTC)

Nein, da gibt es keine Gründe, außer dass ich momentan mehr Anfangen bekomme, als ich beantworten kann. -- Rillke(q?) 13:14, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Verstehe ich. Daher hatte ich ja seit Oktober mit der Nachfrage zugewartet. --Leyo 18:44, 4 May 2014 (UTC)
Okay, okay, ich sehe mal nach, wenn ich sowieso das andere Problem mit dem Startdatum behebe. -- Rillke(q?) 21:48, 4 May 2014 (UTC)

Unprot request[edit]

An {{Blason-fr-en}} und {{Blason-fr-en-it}} wäre was zu ändern: die Vorlagen kategorisieren direkt nach Created with Inkscape, was so nicht sein soll. Das liesse sich leicht richten, aber ich kann nicht dran. Würdest du bitte den Schutzstatus etwas reduzieren? Zumindest für kurze Zeit. sarang사랑 15:29, 30 April 2014 (UTC)

@Sarang: ✓ Done - Bitte gib mir Bescheid, wenn Du fertig bist. -- Rillke(q?) 13:09, 2 May 2014 (UTC)

Alles fertig und nochmal getestet, sieht gut aus. Die integrierte Doku habe ich nicht gewartet, da ist mein Französisch nicht umfassend genug; aber das kann später mal angepasst werden. Danke! sarang사랑 13:44, 2 May 2014 (UTC)

Special:NewFile[edit]

Und ein Bier für das gecode! :) --Steinsplitter (talk) 22:10, 4 May 2014 (UTC)

Hallo, Weist du warum newimages-summary doppelt angezeigt wird? Der alte zustand scheint wieder da zu sein :(, lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 23:44, 2 May 2014 (UTC)

Ich sehe nichts doppelt. Besteht das Problem immer noch? -- Rillke(q?) 07:15, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
Für mich und auch andere im IRC wird "This special page shows the last uploaded files." ober der Box angezeigt, was es ja eigentlich nicht sollte. lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 09:09, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
Box entfernt, Problem gelöst. -- Rillke(q?) 21:47, 4 May 2014 (UTC)

a bug in OTRS gadget?[edit]

Hi Rillke, MediaWiki:Gadget-PermissionOTRS.js is the gadget that handles the creation of permission OTRS gudget, It used to remove the template no permission since when using it. This is not longer the behavior, Can you please look in to the issue? i see the code didn't change since June 2013, but maybe the API did. A test case to reproduce can be found at : file:Yoelle.jpg, you can see my test and confirming in history. Thanks! matanya talk 14:21, 8 May 2014 (UTC)

Is it back to work for you? -- Rillke(q?) 16:35, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
Yes! thanks, regex or case issues... matanya talk 19:15, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
The problem is still exist when I use batch. See File:תמר אשל 1961.jpg. Thanks. Hanay (talk) 13:03, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
Please use action OTRS remove tags, not OTRS add. -- Rillke(q?) 13:36, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
Thank you. I thought it is the same as in one picture. Hanay (talk) 16:11, 11 May 2014 (UTC)

WLE-Foto + Wikipedia-Translator[edit]

Hallo Rillke, erst mal wollte ich Dir nur Bescheid sagen, dass Dein WLE-Photo in einer leicht ungünstigen Kategorie angelangt ist. Lässt sich vielleicht ergänzen. Auch Category:Photographs taken on 2014-05-03 war mir zu unsicher, drum frag ich nach.

Wenn ich schon mal hier bin: Vielleicht kannst Du ja nicht nur mich aufklären, ob es ein ganz einfaches, nicht auf google-Übersetzer o.ä. basierendes Übersetzungs-Werkzeug gibt, das direkt in Wikipedia-Artikeln benutzt werden kann? Wo aus dem WP-Artikel heraus die Wiktionary-Übersetzung Wort für Wort angezeigt werden kann, mit wenig Speicherplatz und ohne extra upload, ähnlich der Vorlage für Open-Street-Map und Georeferenzierung gezielt in Artikeln ergänzbar. Möglich? A simple "Wiktionary-based-Translator"? And a "Wikidata-based-pointer-Tooltip" to show WP-Articles in Sister-projects, for a lemma, item or word in WP/Commons-texts by Mouseover. Possible? ---LudwigSebastianMicheler (talk) 01:30, 9 May 2014 (UTC)

Guten Morgen. Danke für die Benachrichtigung. Jedoch hätte ich sie gern noch auf Französisch. Vielen Dank. -- Rillke(q?) 05:57, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
Wenn ich es richtig verstehte, geht es um 2 Anliegen? Ich habe mal einen Absatz eingefügt.
Photo ist am 2014-05-03 aufgenommen worden. Und zwar im Naturpark Saale-Unstrut-Triasland. Reicht das?
Zu Deinem Anliegen: Soviel ist noch nicht in den Wiktionaries, dass es ausreichen würde. Wort für Wort ist ziemlich aufwendig und das Ergebnis schlecht. Was ich mir aber vorstellen könnte, ist die automatische Übersetzung von Hilfe- und Projektseiten, da wir zunehmend strukturierte Übersetzungen auf Commons und Meta bekommen. Mouseover mit AJAX-Nachschlagen im Hintergrund ist sicher möglich und auch nicht so schwierig. Ich denke so etwas habe ich irgendwo schon einmal gesehen. -- Rillke(q?) 12:06, 9 May 2014 (UTC)

Ping[edit]

Hi Rillke, I just emailed you about the next step in the IEG process - hope to hear back from you soon! Best wishes, Siko (talk) 20:31, 9 May 2014 (UTC)

Forgive(n)?[edit]

Hi Rillke. I'm not too sure if you have forgiven me over the deletion havoc and disruptions. If you haven't forgiven me, could you forgive me? I admit that I was immature at that time (although now there's still much room for improvement :)) and when I look back at the deletion request I find that I sounded very silly and stupid, or in other words, a complete idiot. I do hope you can consider forgiving me if you haven't already done so, so that we can work together in future if needed, and at the very least, we are both fine with each other, minimizing the chance of conflicts. Cheers. --Graphium 16:08, 14 May 2014 (UTC)

Sure. Just short in time so I apologize if I sometimes cannot comment on everything you possbily want me to. Nice nick, BTW. -- Rillke(q?) 16:43, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
Thanks Rillke. Nothing that I need your comment so far. As for the nick it relates to my interest (butterflies). Go google. ;) --Graphium 16:50, 14 May 2014 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Gadget-Long-Image-Names-in-Categories.js[edit]

hi Rillke, because you did the last changes at this gadget - could you have a look at MediaWiki talk:Gadget-Long-Image-Names-in-Categories.js#not working anymore?. Thx in advance. --JuTa 19:56, 16 May 2014 (UTC)

Of course. Tell me, if have still issues and whether it's just this gadget or more of them. -- Rillke(q?) 20:52, 16 May 2014 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Gadget-jquery.blockUI.js[edit]

I've updated it to the latest v2.66. WMF has switched to jQuery 1.11.1, and the old version of blockUI would throw an alert at users on every page load (if DelreqHandler was enabled) telling them "blockUI requires jQuery v1.3 or later! You are using v1.11.1"... that version test simply failed after 1.9. Keep an eye out for any fall-out from this upgrade, please. Lupo 19:20, 20 May 2014 (UTC)

See also COM:VP#jQuery v1.3. Lupo 19:28, 20 May 2014 (UTC)

Documentation of Template:PD-1996-text[edit]

Rillke, I can not figure out what is wrong with the documentation page of Template:PD-1996-text - the green box does not extend far enough. Do you know what did I do wrong? --Jarekt (talk) 14:07, 21 May 2014 (UTC)

According to Mr. Parser, who spoke to me personally, you were using a hash symbol (#) for an ordered list and have put {{documentation on the same line. Note that whitespace gets stripped under conditions inside template arguments. That's why the first line of the documentation template as treated like belonging to the last list point. -- Rillke(q?) 17:03, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
Ahh, so it was the content of the template not the content of the documentation page. I was looking in a wrong place. Thanks for solving the mystery--Jarekt (talk) 02:45, 22 May 2014 (UTC).

Template:Upload campaign header wle-de/i18n/de[edit]

Der translate tab

Hallo, diese Vorlage ist jetzt irgendwie gesperrt. Hat das einen Grund, dass du nur Naturdenkmal [6] und nicht die anderen Schutzgebietsarten verlinkt hast? Ich finde es wäre besser, entweder alle genannten zu verlinken oder keines, weil ja die Übersichtsseite schon verlinkt ist (lieber nicht zu viele Links in einem Satz). Holger1959 (talk) 22:15, 21 May 2014 (UTC)

Oben ist ein Tab "übersetzen". Dort kannst Du es ändern. Was mir beim Hochladen gefehlt hat war eine Definition von "naturdenkmal". So scheint es aber auch vielen anderen Hochladern zu gehen. Man sieht allerlei Gebäude. -- Rillke(q?) 22:40, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
das mit dem Denkmalmissverständnis stimmt, verstehe. "Übersetzen" hatte ich vorhin angeklickt und da stand nur sowas wie "gerade in Bearbeitung", jetzt gehts aber, danke. Ich hab übrigens den Eindruck, dass die überall im ausblendbaren Balken verlinkte Seite http://www.wikilovesearth.de suboptimal ist. Schaut man auf auf die Abrufstatistik, dann wird unsere "zentrale" deutsche Seite mit allen Infos und direkten Artikellinks kaum angeklickt. Der Umweg über die externe Seite, die bei http://www.wikilovesearth.de/wettbewerb/ immer noch das Bild vom Denkmalwettbewerb Wiki loves monuments drinhat, scheint mir nicht ganz ausgegoren. Aber irgndwer schrieb ja schon: 2015 wirds besser :) Holger1959 (talk) 23:47, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
Tja, das war wohl nix. Im IRC habe ich Romaine gefragt; da gab es schlichtweg keine Antwort und jetzt hat er/sie es zurückgesetzt ohne irgendeine hilfreiche Begründung (no thank you; die Seite wurde ganz ohne Begründung gelöscht). Am besten lasse ich die Finger von WLE. Ihr macht das schon.
Was die externe Seite angeht, weiß ich nicht, warum sie so verlinkt wird. Wenn man das, was auf der Seite steht besser auch auf einer Wiki-Seite darstellen kann, verstehe ich nicht, wozu man sie braucht. -- Rillke(q?) 07:39, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
ach Mensch, so ein "nein danke" ist doof. Hab grade noch mal Template:Upload campaign header wle-de/de angepasst. Hoffe die Links passen jetzt. Danke jedenfalls für dein Bemühen! Holger1959 (talk) 13:02, 22 May 2014 (UTC)

SVGedit.js conflicts with 6tabs[edit]

Hi there Rillke :) I was quite pleased to find out about your inline SVG editor. However, it seems to conflict with the User:Js/6tabs-vector.js script. Can you take a look? --Waldir talk 19:15, 26 May 2014 (UTC)

Import importScript('User:Rillke/SettingsSwitch-EditDropdown.js'); once, e.g. by hitting "Show preview" if you are not using the "live preview" and disable the only option available. -- Rillke(q?) 21:45, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
Hello Rillke, I don't see anything. How it should be work, where is the "edit-dropdown".??? PS: Ähm, hatte nicht gesehen dass ich eine Fehlermeldung bekommen habe. Mein Fehler war einfach aus deiner JS herrauszukopieren (ns). :P Perhelion 10:25, 7 June 2014 (UTC)
It doesn't exist anymore since gerrit:112236 conflicted with it. Perhaps I give it a shot today. -- Rillke(q?) 06:29, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
Thanks, Rillke, that worked. But where is the setting saved? I couldn't figure that out. In any case, the process is rather cumbersome. Wouldn't it be better to add a configuration line to our common.js file? For example I have the following in my common.js to configure HotCat: window.HotCatAutoRemoveCheckCatOptOut = true;. --Waldir talk 23:10, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
I'd like moving away from saving preferences in *.js -- only code that really needs to be executed should be there IMHO. Scripts often have trouble if the user puts invalid JS in their *.js files resulting in broken gadgets, ... however, I admit, a page for easily adjusting gadget preferences is missing. Polish Wikimedia has something like that, I believe. -- Rillke(q?) 06:29, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
Ok, but until we have that system, the use of js pages is more convenient than the current process, don't you agree? In any case, I'm still curious, where's the user setting saved? --Waldir talk 18:30, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
There is a dedicated API in MediaWiki (action=options) and the setting is stored together with user's default preferences in a database field of the user_properties table. -- Rillke(q?) 18:47, 15 June 2014 (UTC)

user: Rillke/SVG Request[edit]

Another point, I would suggest to put your user: Rillke/SVG Request to {{Convert to SVG/notification}} like {{BadSVG/notification}} or {{tl|Disputed_chem/notification}. Or what do you think about the general practice of made subpage (notify) templates. Can we move {{No watermarks}} to {{watermarks/notification}}? Greetings Perhelion 10:25, 7 June 2014 (UTC)

Feel free to move it around and look that you do not break anything. -- Rillke(q?) 06:29, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
✓ Done User: Perhelion11:17, 29 June 2014 (UTC)

Fehlermeldung für Upload Wizard für Wiki Loves Earth 2014[edit]

Hallo Rillke, folgendes Problem mit dem Upload Wizard: erstmaliges Hochladen und Lizenzvergabe problemlos, dann jedoch wiederholte Fehlermeldung: <api-error-unknownerror> Mit folgenden Filenames habe ich es versucht: IMG_7461000000000000.JPG & IMG_7443000000000000.JPG Vielen Dank für deine Hilfe! --GrünerDonnerstag (talk) 06:45, 31 May 2014 (UTC)

Bitte gib den Dateien Namen, die nicht mit einem Kamera-Präfix (also nicht DFC[ZAHLEN] oder IMG [ZAHLEN]) beginnen. Sieh' es als Bildtitel an und beachte dabei Commons:File naming. -- Rillke(q?) 20:39, 1 June 2014 (UTC)

Cat Löschung[edit]

Hallo Rillke, bitte diese Cat löschen: Category:Synthetic_gold_crystals. Ist nun überflüssig geworden. Danke, --Alchemist-hp (talk) 06:22, 31 May 2014 (UTC)

✓ Immer gerne wenn es funkelt und glitzert. -- Rillke(q?) 20:22, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
Danke schöööön. :-) --Alchemist-hp (talk) 20:24, 1 June 2014 (UTC) P.S: kann man unnötige CATs nur als Admin löschen? Oder geht es auch mit irgendwelchen anderen Berechtigungen? Evtl. sollte ich mich nun doch mal als Admin nominieren lassen ;-)
Gerne. Man kann nur als Administrator Weiterleitungen beim Verschieben unterdrücken und Admins sind auch die einzigen auf Commons, die löschen können. Wenn Du nicht im LA-Bereich vorher mitwirkst - ich weiß nicht, ob Du das tust - wird eine erfolgreiche Admin-Kandidatur auf Commons schwierig. Lass' Dich davon aber nicht entmutigen, wir brauchen immer Verstärkung. -- Rillke(q?) 21:50, 1 June 2014 (UTC)

Praised be the CSS shadows![edit]

Hi, let me give you my +1 about your user page. It looks really nice. Have a good day! //  Gikü  said  done  Monday, 2 June 2014 18:11 (UTC)

VisualFileChange question[edit]

What in the world does "cute select files" mean? FYI, I can't tell if that's an English-skills hiccup or if it's supposed to be something else. Magog the Ogre (talk) (contribs) 02:12, 8 June 2014 (UTC)

What's your suggestion? "Filter", "smart select", ...? -- Rillke(q?) 21:17, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
Both of those work, though personally, I'd just go with "Advanced..." Magog the Ogre (talk) (contribs) 23:08, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
✓ Done -- Rillke(q?) 09:36, 11 June 2014 (UTC)

Password Help[edit]

Many thanks. I reset my password and am now Notafly 2.But now something else has happened. In Wikipedia (proper , not commons) I still log in as Notafly but I am also ( automatically) logged in as Notafly 2.As Notafly 2 I got a welcome message on Wikipedie France but not in Wikipedia English language. I have never edited in French so this remains a mystery Thankyou again - I had no problems since taking your advice Best regards Notafly2 (talk) 19:47, 8 June 2014 (UTC)

Try Commons:Changing username/Current requests and ask for your old user name to be moved away. -- Rillke(q?) 21:23, 8 June 2014 (UTC)

Template:Dashboard/Widgets/Add blacklist user[edit]

Bitte schau mal nach ob das noch richtig funktioniert, bei mir bricht der immer mit Fehler ab (fail to edit Bot list), aktueller FF ESR und Monobook. Eine weitere Fehlermeldung wird zu kurz eingeblendet zum rauskopieren. --Denniss (talk) 00:00, 13 June 2014 (UTC)

Pictogram voting keep.svg Fixed - Danke für den Hinweis. Das war die Ursache. Ich wusste, dass es kommt, hatte aber keine Zeit alle Skripte zu prüfen. -- Rillke(q?) 08:13, 13 June 2014 (UTC)

Wiederherstellen einiger Dateien[edit]

Hallo Rillke, wir hatten vor etlichen Monaten Kontakt und du hattest dich nettwerweise bereit erklärt, einige Dateien wiederherzustellen. Es ging um die Franz Kafka Hörbücher, Rilke und Goethe Gedichte. Wir haben uns nach langer Zeit mal wieder angemeldet und gesehen, dass noch etliche Dateien gelöscht sind. Wir wollten nun fragen, ob eine Wiederherstellung noch möglich ist oder ob dies gar nicht mehr möglich ist. Wir danken dir für deine Unterstütung und verbleiben mit freundlichen Grüßen Christian Mantey & Hans-Jörg Große 09:31, 14 June 2014 (UTC)

Technisch möglich ist das sicher, nur ist das Urheberrecht bei Kafka und Rilke relativ kafkaesk. Da sind die 70 Jahre p.m.a. in Europa aber leider auch URAA in den USA. Goethe ist kein Problem. Alle Goethe-Werke werde ich jetzt wiederherstellen. Wenn ihr mir mit Kafka und Rilke helfen wollt, müsstet ihr das Datum und das Land der Erstveröffentlichung des jeweiligen Werkes heraussuchen. -- Rillke(q?) 11:55, 14 June 2014 (UTC)

Disable actions in MediaWiki:VisualFileChange.js[edit]

I experienced problem with MediaWiki:VisualFileChange.js during last week. Somehow Execute button is disabled after files were selected for some actions: delete, nominate for deletion, copyvio. I tried to clear browser cache. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 17:42, 15 June 2014 (UTC)

Oh, that's sad. Is my assumption that you provided a summary/reason with at least X characters right? -- Rillke(q?) 17:50, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for disturbing you without a reason. I need to take more rest sometimes :-) --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:26, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
Not at all, Eugene. It just outlines that the current version of VFC UI must be improved. It should provide visual feedback why the button is greyed out when e.g. clicking it. For example, it could directly ask for a reason. -- Rillke(q?) 20:32, 16 June 2014 (UTC)

Regex replace on VisualFileChange.js[edit]

Is this not working? As soon as I type in anything between // in the edit box, it turns pink and refuses to make the edit. The only way to get the regex to work is to type in a normal string, click the little green R, and then it will accept your input. I am using the current version of Chrome. Magog the Ogre (talk) (contribs) 03:15, 19 June 2014 (UTC)

Toggle the /R/ button in the Flags column. -- Rillke(q?) 07:18, 19 June 2014 (UTC)

Bug in user script report[edit]

Hi Rillke,

Thanks for setting up the JSHint script reports. I noticed two bugs in the reports produced by CommonsMaintenanceBot.

  1. Empty string becomes italics (e.g. Revision #126868947; Use '===' to compare with ''. - Evidence:)
    Should probably wrap the error message in <nowiki> (though without <code>).
  2. Wikitext in cited code fragment is parsed, causing templates, links and categories to be applied. (e.g. Revision #126868937; <li>ISSUE: <code>line 44 character 25</code>: Bad line breaking before ','. - Evidence: <code> ,uncat_removed: 'removed {{uncategorized}}'</code></li>)
    Should probably wrap the error message in <nowiki> (within <code>).

Thanks, –Krinkletalk 07:35, 19 June 2014 (UTC)

Pictogram voting keep.svg Fixed -- will be live in 4 hours. -- Rillke(q?) 07:58, 19 June 2014 (UTC)

cmlog[edit]

tools.joinedventure@tools-dev:~/public_html$ cat catmove.php
<html>
<body>
Nothing to see here. Just a playground.
</body>

Hast du den überschrieben? Hatte den in joinedventure laufen und habe keine Sicherheitskopie. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:10, 19 June 2014 (UTC)

Oh nein. Ich hatte gesehen, dass es https://tools.wmflabs.org/steinsplitter/catmove.php noch gibt und da dachte ich, du hättest es in deinen eigenen Account übertragen... nun sollte es wieder da sein. Ich werde gleich ein github-repo für dieses tool anlegen, damit uns das nicht nochmal passiert. -- Rillke(q?) 13:24, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
https://github.com/Rillke/joinedventure -- Du (Steinsplitter) hast commit access zum Repo. -- Rillke(q?) 13:45, 19 June 2014 (UTC)

Commons:Deletion requests/File:Adobe PS - save jpeg dialog.png[edit]

In der Tat ist das ein groesseres Problem. Kannst du bitte kurz über den vorigen Link lesen bevor ich den DR starte? Oder eher eine Diskussion auf VP/C? --McZusatz (talk) 09:03, 21 June 2014 (UTC)

Interssant wäre zu wissen, wie GTK, Java und Qt das sehen. In früheren Zeiten haben sie, glaube ich, die Steuerelemente nachgebaut. Ob das immer noch so ist, oder ob sie inzwischen tatsächlich die Systembibliotheken verwenden, weiß ich nicht. Ich weiß nur, dass sie irgendetwas anders machen, als die nativen Windows Anwendungen, bei denen (fast) jedes Element auch ein Fenster ist. Aus dem, was Inspect.exe ausgibt, werde ich nicht recht schlau... -- Rillke(q?) 10:25, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
Danke für dein Input. Den fruehren DR habe ich geschlossen und du kannst deine Kommentare auch beim Neuen hinterlassen. --McZusatz (talk) 10:52, 21 June 2014 (UTC)

DelReqHandler-Gadget[edit]

Ich kann seit einem Monat keine DRs mehr schliessen und ich habe keine Ahnung wieso. Hast du vielleicht den richtigen Tipp? (Am Browser/OS scheint es nicht zu liegen) --McZusatz (talk) 16:57, 27 June 2014 (UTC)

Gadget einschalten und auf die Diagnose-Seite gehen. Von dort bräuchte ich die Zeile DelReqHandler ->. Danke. -- Rillke(q?) 17:38, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
DelReqHandler ->on -->ready. --McZusatz (talk) 17:52, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
Danke :) Was genau ist das Problem? Keine Links? Links machen nichts beim Klick, ...? Für mich funktioniert noch alles. -- Rillke(q?) 18:41, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
Keine links ist das Problem. In der Vergangenheit hat sich das Gadget meist nach Problemen innerhalb von wenigen Tagen "selbst repariert", aber 30 Tage ist mir doch ein wenig suspekt... ;)
Ich kann versuchen alle anderen Gadgets temporaer zu deaktivieren? --McZusatz (talk) 19:04, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
Nicht nötig. Problem behoben. VE war es. Danke für den Screenshot. -- Rillke(q?) 21:06, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
Thx! Jetzt klappt es wieder. --McZusatz (talk) 10:16, 28 June 2014 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Earth 2014 - Ein Wiki-Beitrag für den Naturschutz[edit]

WLE-Deutschland-2014.jpg

Hallo Rillke,

vor einer Woche endete der zweimonatige Fotowettbewerb Wiki Loves Earth. Du hast daran aktiv teilgenommen und wir möchten Dir dafür herzlich danken.

Mit rund 14.500 Fotos hat Deutschland einen Anteil von 20 % an diesem internationalen Projekt erbracht, an dem sich 15 Länder beteiligten. Sehr erfreulich ist die hohe Zahl an 729 Teilnehmern allein in Deutschland. Einen Überblick zu den Fotos und Teilnehmern findest du auf unserer WLE-Projektseite.

Gegenwärtig ist die deutsche Jury dabei, diesen wertvollen Fotobestand zu geschützten Naturlandschaften und Naturdenkmalen zu sichten. Am kommenden Wochenende wird in Hamburg die entscheidende Jury-Sitzung stattfinden. Wir wünschen auch Dir mit Deinem Foto-Beitrag dabei viel Glück und Erfolg.

Der nächste Fotowettbewerb steht bereits vor der Tür. Im September findet nun schon zum vierten Mal der Wettbewerb Wiki Loves Monuments statt, wo die Kulturdenkmale im Vordergrund stehen. Doch du musst mit dem Fotografieren nicht bis zum September warten. Vielleicht kannst du den Sommer nutzen um entsprechend den offiziellen Denkmallisten geeignete Motive aufzuspüren. Ebenso kannst du gerne dabei helfen, die hochgeladenen Fotos zu kategorisieren oder in Wikipedia-Artikel und Listen einzubinden.

Wir freuen uns auf Deine weiteren Beiträge für Wikimedia-Projekte.

Viel Spaß dabei wünscht Dir das Orga-Team.

( Bernd Gross)

Template:File renaming reasons[edit]

Hello there. I noticed your warning message at Template:File renaming reasons/en. I wanted to let you know that the criteria will be changing soon, (possibly at any moment, as it has been a week since that opened). What would it take to make sure that the transition is smooth, and the gadget doesn't break? Sven Manguard Wha? 06:04, 16 July 2014 (UTC)

It also needs an overhaul -- a migration to the translate extension so we can make sure all languages display the same criteria with a few clicks. I would offer implementing that, just tell me when you are ready to go. -- Rillke(q?) 06:23, 16 July 2014 (UTC)

Edit request (prot. temp.)[edit]

Hallo Rainer, nun gibt es drei Monate nach der letzten Erweiterung weitere Anforderungen an die Vorlagen. Die kompletten Codes der drei templates sind in User:Sarang/T zum Kopieren vorbereitet, wie letztens. Wenn du gelegentlich dazu kommst, danke. sarang사랑 12:47, 17 July 2014 (UTC)

✓ Done -- Rillke(q?) 15:57, 17 July 2014 (UTC)

Firefogg[edit]

Hi, I'm doing a contract with the WMF to help out with UploadWizard and other Multimedia stuff.

I noticed you were one of the last people to modify Commons:Firefogg. Do you know if this extension is still widely used?

Incidentally, if this seems like a brainless question, I'm just trying to get my bearings after not being involved with Wikimedia for a few years.

NeilK (talk) 01:23, 22 July 2014 (UTC)

Hi Neil. I don't know whether it was ever widely used. The page gets about 350 hits per month; that's a sixth of what my user page gets. I think most experienced users have some command line converters running, though it's the only really easy means for uploading from a camera's proprietary format. Perhaps you want to gather some metrics about which upload methods are used in general? Understanding who our users are and which techniques the use could not only be interesting for Firefogg. -- Rillke(q?) 07:08, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
We'd have to change UploadWizard to somehow note that or contact some sort of logger. The whole point of Firefogg is that it magically transforms a non-free format into a free format, client-side. I did try it out on a new upload today, and to my amazement it still works. I'm not interested in promoting Firefogg, per se. We're doing some massive refactorings this year in UploadWizard, and I was wondering if it was time to get rid of the Firefogg-related code. Anyway, thanks for the info - I'll see if I can figure this out some other way. NeilK (talk) 07:27, 22 July 2014 (UTC)

RfC on the scope of file renaming criterion 2[edit]

Pursuant to the closing of the RFC "Proposed overhaul of the "Which files should be renamed?" section", a second RfC has been opened at Commons:Requests for comment/File renaming criterion 2 specifically to address the scope of criterion 2, which currently reads "To change from a completely meaningless name to a name that describes what the image displays." Since you participated in the initial discussion, I am notifying you of the follow-up RfC.

Please note that I fully anticipate that the first few days will see a number of additional options proposed, so it may be a good idea to check back periodically on the RfC.

Thank you. Sven Manguard Wha? 01:43, 25 July 2014 (UTC)

@Sven Manguard: I closed the RfC, I did not participate in it. Thanks for the notification, though. -- Rillke(q?) 07:27, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Being the pedant that I sometimes am, I feel compelled to point out that closing the discussion is a form of participation. Face-smile.svg Sven Manguard Wha? 07:30, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Fair enough. Then let's call it abstinence from sharing personal views on that topic :) -- Rillke(q?) 07:47, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Since you did it last time, could you make a targeted watchlist notice for this RfC please? Sven Manguard Wha? 18:29, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
✓ Done -- Rillke(q?) 09:19, 27 July 2014 (UTC)

de:Benutzer:Schnark/js/diff.js/core.js und MediaWiki:VisualFileChange.js[edit]

Diesmal war die Änderung abwärtskompatibel, und ich werde lange warten, bis ich diese Abwärtskompatibilität entferne (falls überhaupt), trotzdem als Hinweis: Ich habe alle Funktionen und Parameter auf Camelcase umgestellt, und dabei den direkten Zugriff auf config und css auf get/set-Methoden umgestellt. Der entsprechende Code kann also ab sofort lauten:

if (!mw.libs.schnarkDiff) {
	if (cb) mw.hook('userjs.load-script.diff-core').add(function() {
	mw.libs.schnarkDiff.style.set('ins', 'text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold; font-size:1.2em; color: #020; background-color: #B0C0F0; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #363; -moz-text-decoration-color:#474;');
	mw.libs.schnarkDiff.style.set('del', 'font-weight: bold; font-size:1.2em; color: #200; background-color: #FFD89D; -moz-text-decoration-color:#744;');
	mw.util.addCSS( mw.libs.schnarkDiff.getCSS() );
	mw.libs.schnarkDiff.config.set('minMovedLength', 20);
	mw.libs.schnarkDiff.config.set('tooShort', 3);
	executeCB();
});

Und in /ui.js jeweils schnarkDiff.htmlDiff. Aber wie gesagt, diesmal war meine Änderung abwärtskompatibel, sodass die Änderung nicht dringend ist. --Schnark (talk) 08:36, 25 July 2014 (UTC)

Danke sehr! Sehr zuvorkommender Service :) Schon erledigt. -- Rillke(q?) 10:15, 25 July 2014 (UTC)

?[edit]

Left a message at Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard#expunge. Please reply there.174.3.125.23 13:16, 29 July 2014 (UTC)

Location?[edit]

Hi Rillke - do you have a more detailed location for File:Lithops fulviceps.jpg, please? Namibia is a large country, and this is one of very few natural wild origin photos Commons has of Lithops species. Thanks! - MPF (talk) 07:25, 7 August 2014 (UTC)

Hey MPF, it was taken in a botanical garden. -- Rillke(q?) 10:48, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
OK thanks! I'd been hoping that it was in the wild ;-) MPF (talk) 16:48, 7 August 2014 (UTC)


Feature request for CommonsMaintenanceBot[edit]

Hey,

CommonsMaintenanceBot just ran its linter over my edits to my custom CSS and JS pages and announced errors, but the reason is that I was listing them for speedy deletion, using {{Empty page}}. It might be worth coding an exception into the bot functionality, so that it ignores errors and stops processing the edit if the change is to list a page for deletion.

Awesome bot functionality, though; I'm sure it must save a lot of users a lot of debugging time! Thank you!  :o) — OwenBlacker | Discussion 12:15, 8 August 2014 (UTC)

Thanks for the feedback. Added some explanation to the result. Just put the template in comments. Otherwise you still run in danger breaking tools for you. -- Rillke(q?) 14:19, 8 August 2014 (UTC)

  • I really thought such pre check exist!? Yes it would be better the bot warns before the code get saved!? Another small criticism, the check seems to strong, as you can see the last report on my talk-page, there is also code from you (I'dont know what JavaScript URL is for an fault)! Beste, User: Perhelion (Commons: = crap?)12:50, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
    • Yes, there are some checks, if you use wiki-editor and code editor. If you have opted out any of them, you won't get any warning. The check is probably very strong for user scripts, because most users won't understand the output but there are 2 states: Warnings and Errors. As long as you only read warnings, you can ignore them. ScriptURLs are supposed to be bad because you cannot bookmark them; frankly I disagree in this regard but MediaWiki's coding standards and those respecting JSHint and JSLint have evolved in this way. Nagging users now may be distracting but if they decide to contribute a patch later, it will be easier for them. -- Rillke(q?) 14:19, 8 August 2014 (UTC)

Masive upload of new images from openclipart.org[edit]

Could you help to upload the images from the collections on this page http://openclipart.org/collections

Natkabrown (talk) 10:21, 9 August 2014 (UTC)

@Natkabrown: The batch uploading request is at Commons:Batch uploading/Openclipart. -- Rillke(q?) 10:22, 9 August 2014 (UTC)


Edit req: final dot[edit]

Hallo Rainer, weil die Dinger protected sind muss ich schon wieder an dich ran. Es waren kleine Begradigungen erforderlich, siehe Template talk:Created with#Final dot, und wieder sind alle sechs Vorlagen betroffen, die ich in User:Sarang/T vorbereitet habe. Wenn du gelegentlich dazu kommst... Danke sarang사랑 13:09, 11 August 2014 (UTC)

✓ Done -- Rillke(q?) 10:11, 13 August 2014 (UTC)

Resignation[edit]

Dear Rillke,
I am very sorry to see you resign from your adminship on Commons. I absolutely understand your decision; I am, too, bloody livid at what the Foundation has done. If you decide you would like to continue helping the Commons community as an administrator — be it in a week or in a month — please remember that all you need to do is to request your admin bit back at COM:BN — and I would be honoured to fulfil your request. You are one of the most respected and loved admins here, so please do come back. odder (talk) 08:32, 13 August 2014 (UTC)

Dear Rillke,
I am sorry to hear this news. Your work is very much appreciated here Rillke.
Thoughts from France, Jean-Fred (talk) 08:46, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
Traurig. Wier werden dich vermissen :'( - I agree with odder: You are one of the most respected and loved admins here, so please do come back. --Steinsplitter (talk) 08:49, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
Jean-Fred, I am glad you arrived safe and sound in France. I enjoyed seeing the French community at Wikimania — you all have a good sort of humour. -- Rillke(q?) 09:56, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
Thank you, odder. Although we had disagreements in the past, I think you are one of the most active and reasonably-acting bureaucrat at Commons. Both properties together make you very valuable to the project. I also enjoyed your tech news and your dedication to site requests at Gerrit. -- Rillke(q?) 09:56, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
We see us, maybe in one year again!? I want see what happens in one year (without some very competent people) here. Goodbye!? I'm also resigned by the Foundation. Wish you the best. User: Perhelion (Commons: = crap?)15:16, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
Meinen vollsten Respekt! Als Mensch bleibst Du uns ja eh erhalten und das ist schön :-) Ansonsten "etwas" Revolution und auf die Barrikadden gehen muß sein. --Alchemist-hp (talk) 20:25, 13 August 2014 (UTC)

Hallo Rillke, ich finde es sehr schade, dass Du Dein Adminamt niederlegst und möchte mich bei Dir sehr für Deine vielfältigen Dienste auf Commons danken. Dass die jüngsten äußerst unerfreulichen Entwicklungen die Aufgabe von Ämtern und den Weggang sovieler geschätzer Kollegen nach sich ziehen, verleiht der Geschichte eine noch sehr viel bedrückendere Note. Ich hoffe, dass Du uns trotz allem hier erhalten bleibst. Viele Grüße, AFBorchert (talk) 10:01, 14 August 2014 (UTC)

Hallo AFBorchert, ich schätze Dich nicht nur wegen Deiner sprachlichen Gewandtheit sondern auch wegen der Besonnenheit, mit der Du vorgehst. Mit der Einführung des superuser protection levels und den zugehörigen Kommentaren hat die Foundation klargestellt, dass sie es nicht wertschätzt, wenn Communitys eigenen Code pflegen. Da ich darin meine Hauptaufgabe hier sah, und diese nun offenbar nicht erwünscht ist, habe ich die für die Wartung dieser Ressourcen nötigen Rechte konsequenterweise zurückgegeben. Es ist also primär gar nicht als Protest gedacht. Naja, ein bisschen schon. -- Rillke(q?) 16:48, 14 August 2014 (UTC)

Hi Rillke, I hope to see you back some time (also in real life). You contributed to some awesome tools (and your pictures are a joy as well). I was also excited to see your patches in Gerrit. TheDJ (talk) 08:43, 15 August 2014 (UTC)

@TheDJ: This is not meant in any way as the end of my contributions; I even plan to spend more time on Gerrit; just resigned from a work that I fear will be less pleasant in future. And I must confess, I was always enjoyed your code review; you were often the only one who cared. Thanks for your efforts in this regard. BTW, did/do you work for VideoLAN or where did you get this lovely e-Mail address from. -- Rillke(q?) 17:14, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
That is good to hear. And yes in the past I was a volunteer for VideoLAN, but haven't been active there for a couple years now. Do I still have that address active/listed somewhere ? I've been trying to move away from that one for a while already, but it's everywhere apparently :) TheDJ (talk) 17:22, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
Hallo Rillke, ich habe nur zufällig auf :de von deinem Rücktritt gelesen. Es tut mir sehr leid, dass gerade du diesen Schritt gewählt hast, kann es angesichts des unmöglichen Verhaltens der WMF aber gut verstehen, und denke inzwischen selber über einen solchen Schritt nach. De facto habe ich meine bisherige Hauptaktivität, copyvio-Suche, seit kurzem eingestellt. --Túrelio (talk) 09:49, 16 August 2014 (UTC)

File:Coast of Belgium or the Netherlands.JPG[edit]

Hi Rillke - happened on this; not difficult with a bit of comparison with google earth ;-) MPF (talk) 10:06, 14 August 2014 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Monuments 2014 startet in Kürze[edit]

LUSITANA WLM 2011 d.svg

Hallo Rillke/Discuss/2014,

in Kürze ist es wieder soweit. Der nun schon traditionelle Fotowettbewerb Wiki Loves Monuments wird im September zum vierten Mal stattfinden. In ähnlicher Form hatte unlängst der Wettbewerb "Wiki Loves Earth" eine erfolgreiche Premiere. Zu allen bisherigen vier Wettbewerben haben seit 2011 gut 3000 unterschiedliche Teilnehmer (User) ihren Beitrag geleistet. Du warst dabei, und bist auch herzlich eingeladen, am bevorstehenden WLM-Wettbewerb wieder dabei zu sein.

Allein in Deutschland wurden in den letzten drei Jahren im Rahmen von WLM rund 100.000 Fotos zu den insgesamt ca. 850.000 Kulturdenkmalen bundesweit hochgeladen. Jährlich haben sich mehrere Hundert Wiki-Fotographen daran beteiligt. Auch im kommenden Denkmalmonat wird dies gewiss wieder der Fall sein. Der Tag des offenen Denkmals am 14. September bietet bundesweit vielfältige Möglichkeiten, Denkmale nicht nur von außen, sondern auch von innen zu fotografieren. Denkmallisten sind dabei ein wichtiger Orientierungspunkt und zugleich auch Ziel der Einbindung der Fotos. Auch in diesem Jahr sind wieder neue Denkmallisten hinzugekommen, die hilfreich bei der Planung von individuellen oder Gruppen-Fototouren sind und auf eine Bebilderung warten, wie z.B. zu Görlitz oder Zittau. Unter den Landeshauptstädten fehlt nur noch Stuttgart. Aber auch hier ist Licht in Sicht.

In der Mitte Deutschlands hat die Denkmallandschaft der thüringischen Landeshauptstadt Erfurt nun das Licht der Wikipedia-Welt entdeckt. Mehr als 50 Tabellen enthalten 3.700 Denkmale. Allein die wunderschön restaurierte Altstadt umfasst 1.800 Denkmale. Eine von WMDE geförderte WLM-Fototour nach Erfurt am Wochenende vom 29. – 31. August lädt herzlich ein, diese einzigartige Kulturlandschaft zu dokumentieren. Mehr Informationen findest Du auf der Projektseite.

Wir freuen uns auf Deine weiteren Beiträge für Wikimedia-Projekte.

Viel Spaß beim größten Fotowettbewerb der Wiki(m/p)edia wünscht Dir das Orga-Team.

( Bernd Gross, 16. August 2014)

Problem with the RenameLink[edit]

Hi! I think I need your help. I was trying to move this file [7] with the RenameLink to this new name: Il·lustració d'una escena a les latrines de l'edifici dels banys de la vil·la romana dels Munts.jpg. The only difference is between the floating point between the double l. The point must be like: · (shift+3) and not • . Also the apostrophe must be like ' and not like this ’ . I tried to change this things be myself but I think that the RenameLink does not recognize this small changes. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong. Can you take a look please? Thanks a lot! --Lluis tgn (talk) 10:28, 17 August 2014 (UTC)

Hi Lluis tgn, thanks for your report; could you tell me a bit about the issue? What did you do and what happened? Were you unable to submit the request due to a greyed out submit button? Or were you able to submit but the script told you, the file name was the same? -- Rillke(q?) 11:51, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi Rillke, sorry for my delay. I just clicked move button and change the name but the button to submit it's just greyed. --Lluis tgn (talk) 11:01, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
And did you tick the checkbox that you agree to our file renaming policy which is the last line in the form above the buttons? -- Rillke(q?) 13:58, 23 August 2014 (UTC)