More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Link
- 2 Voting
- 3 Regarding File:Metro Paris - Ligne 8 - Porte de Charenton w.b.c.jpg
- 4 Hindi
- 5 Tip: Categorizing images
- 6 Brigade Road War Memorial
- 7 A barnstar for you!
- 8 Intentionally blurred
- 9 Tamil Wiki Media Contest is over
- 10 STOP
- 11 Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology photos
- 12 TUSC token 3f433bcfa90434e59c79fd950a79098a
- 13 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
- 14 File:Moto E Desktop.jpg
- 15 Animals and copyright
- You link in the same way as if the image is local. You can't link to an image on Commons if an image with the same name already exists in a local Wikipedia. Yann (talk) 14:58, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Hello, See Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2008/Voting Voting is open for all Wikimedians who were registered before 1 January 2009 and with at least 200 edits on any Wikimedia project (before the beginning of the contest, 12 Feburary 2009). Regards, Yann (talk) 14:36, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi ! I'm using a long exposure method. My camera was on a support and the rolling stock was moving, that's give this type of image. I nominate the picture for the quality label. You can support the image by reviewing it. Thank you for your appreciation. greenski (talk) 10:41, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- I proposed this image as featured picture. You can vote here. Regards, Yann (talk) 10:11, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Garden-City-Skyway-Bridge-KRPuram.jpg was uncategorized on 28 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
Brigade Road War Memorial
Is it possible to get images of each face inscribed in the Brigade Road War Memorial? What's written there is of great historical interest!
A barnstar for you!
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|Hi Roadie, for your all in work for Indian Roads !!! Roads !!! Roads !!! :-) from WP:INR Naveenpf (talk) 03:22, 26 December 2011 (UTC)|
Hello! Your file File:Kanakapura-Road-Thalaghattapura-Post.jpg is not intentionally blurred, else I would have moved it to Category:Intentionally_blurred_images. But you are right, it is questionable if this image is really that blurry for the non-intentional category, it's just just slightly out of focus. --Funfood ␌ 19:00, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
Tamil Wiki Media Contest is over
pls stop adding hindi discriptons to images of tamilnadu. keep only tamil discriptons as that is the language of tamilnadu. 126.96.36.199 07:13, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- Is there a rule that says so? --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 14:40, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology photos
Hi Sri, You have changed the Hindi spelling of the word "Institute" from "संस्थान" to "संसथान" in my photos of RGIT. The correct spelling is "संस्थान". Please make corrections. Ref: http://swgiitkgp.in/images/iit_logo.gif Rohini (talk) 08:40, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for notifying me. I should go back to using Quillpad. The new Google is killing me. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 08:57, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
TUSC token 3f433bcfa90434e59c79fd950a79098a
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
|File:Moto E Desktop.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Animals and copyright
I know of no law in the UK that says animals can't hold copyrights, though my ignorance of the law does not mean the law does not exist.
My statement was based on multiple statements by Wikimedia editors and by the Wikipedia foundation that as copyright of an image belongs to the person who took the photo, and they assert both that a macaque ape is the "person who took the photo" rather than the wildlife photographer who set up the shot, and that in US law an animal such as an ape cannot hold copyright, the photos are public domain. I object to this: it seems merely a rather high-handed way of removing the legal ownership of the photos from the photographer, David Salter, and transferring the photos to Wikimedia. SeraphinaWinsham