Image:723squadron Augusta recovery.jpg
It was indeed another ship than the nice replica of 1994. Hope we can find the year of completion of the old one. By the way, did you realise that the Category:Tall ships of Australia is already caregorised as Category:Sailing ships of Australia ? --Stunteltje (talk) 05:47, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
- No idea to the first. No I didn't to the second -- saberwyn 06:27, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:SOV Windermere.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:40, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Vampire Onslow from bridge.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:40, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:SOV Windermere inner harbour.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:40, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
Ships by name
Please realise that ships on Commons are categorised so, that any unexperienced user can find them. Pennant numbers are painted on the ships, most names of naval ships only on relative small nameplates, hardly to find on images. That is the reason why more and more ships are categorised: pennant number - name - ship or tugboat - year of completion (or first commissioning) - in some cases the place of built (when name and year are the same). To find with Category:Ships by pennant number Better example: Category:Fishing vessels by license number --Stunteltje (talk) 08:44, 6 May 2012 (UTC)