More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:JellyfishLyapunov.jpg was uncategorized on 4 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:06, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Zirconzity.jpg was uncategorized on 4 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:06, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Lyapunovspace.jpg was uncategorized on 4 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:06, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:TheSwallow.jpg was uncategorized on 4 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:06, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
Please sign your postings
sign your posts on talk pages, user talk pages, deletion requests, and noticeboards. To do so, simply add four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your comments. Your user name or IP address (if you are not logged in) and the date will then automatically be added along with a timestamp when you save your comment. Signing your comments helps people to find out who said something and provides them with a link to your user/talk page (for further discussion). Thank you.