More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:04, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Michał Słupczewski.jpg is uncategorized since 30 May 2009.
- Image:Pałówko Koło stawku 1600x1143.jpg is uncategorized since 31 May 2009.
- Image:Stary dom 1600x1077.jpg is uncategorized since 31 May 2009.
Właduj ten twój plik spod file:POL Słupsk COA 1.svg do nowej nazwy, bo zostanie on nadpisany. Uszanuj czyjąś pracę chociaż. I dodaj białe tło tarczy, bo teraz jest przezroczyste. Sugeruję POL Słupsk COA 2.svg. JDavid (talk) 09:17, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Chyba za każdym razem, przy wpisywaniu wiadomości dajesz Edytuj. Obok jest "+" i gdy go używasz utworzy się nowa sekcja po prostu. Jak tam poszukiwania praw do hejnału? Pozdrawiam JDavid (talk) 07:17, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
File tagging Image:Gdansk panorama z kosciola.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading Image:Gdansk panorama z kosciola.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.
Your photo in the WMF annual report
Dear Michal Slupczewski,
your panorama photo of Gdansk has been used in the recently published annual report of the Wikimedia Foundation (also in the summary version that was translated into six languages). Printed copies of the report have since become available, and we would be happy to send you one as a thank-you for your work - let me know your postal address by email if you would like us to do so!