|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 14:52, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:24, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Valentinsilvestrov.JPG is uncategorized since 11 March 2009. BotMultichillT 06:24, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Greatsynagogue.JPG is uncategorized since 8 July 2009.
- Image:Nelsonmountainsylph.gif is uncategorized since 19 July 2009.
- Image:Fanelli.jpg was uncategorized on 7 September 2009.
- Image:Stradella act III.jpg was uncategorized on 14 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:28, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:L'etoile de seville act 1 design charles cambon.jpg was uncategorized on 15 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:33, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Stolz as Stuart, after Lormier, 1844.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:43, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Title page of libretto opera 'Melnik, koldun', obmanshchik, cvyat' ' (1792).jpg was uncategorized on 7 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:44, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
- yes it came from there ultimately, i will add--Smerus (talk) 09:58, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Henk de Vlieger.png
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Henk de Vlieger.png. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
INeverCry 20:11, 24 April 2013 (UTC)