More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
I am not on Wikimedia very often. If you want to leave me a message, go to my talk page on the English Wikipedia
|File:Butterfied_&_Danko_1979.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
What idiot system is it that thinks I need to be notified of images I have nominated for deletion myself? SpinningSpark 15:18, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:19, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Paul Butterfield 1979.jpg is uncategorized since 22 January 2009. BotMultichillT 06:19, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Rick Danko 1979.jpg is uncategorized since 22 January 2009. BotMultichillT 06:19, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Russian electric bath.jpg was uncategorized on 2 April 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:56, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Stripline filter lumped equivalents 2.svg was uncategorized on 28 April 2011 CategorizationBot 10:59, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
Untitled, known as Saturn Devouring His Son
I know why I got blocked
The reason I got blocked was because I was not selective enough. This led to you thinking that I was a sock of "Dy11111". I will have to become more selective if I want to be unblocked, but it seems like there are no good reasons. So I might as well be banned from the entire community, plus the previous account. 1YlGC6dsynvm (talk) 21:19, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
The sock puppet thing was a misprint
I accidentally allowed some other disruptive editor to edit, and so then I got interpreted as a sock puppet. But This is the true me. I no longer allow other people to edit anymore after this incident. So you have to admit that I personally did not do the disruption. 1YlGC6dsynvm 18:19, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
I hate you! 22.214.171.124 22:03, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
A suspicious Japanese war crime denialist
Hi. I agree with your post in Talk:Takabeg. This user is starting mass (speedy) deletion requests to many photos on the Second Sino-Japanese War and the Japanese war crimes, in the name of "copyright problems". I am reverting these speedy deletion requets and please help me keep watching the user's edits. Thank you very much. --MtBell (talk) 10:43, 3 July 2013 (UTC)