|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Lijealso 15:41, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:22, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Mosquito larva 20090504.JPG is uncategorized since 4 May 2009.
Quick note - not sure if here's the right place but never mind: Your Democracy_Monument_Bangkok_001.JPG file has an incorrect link in its metadata - the camera model links to a wiki page for a train!
Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 has finished
- Message delivered by Lucia Bot in 01:09, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 09:55, 28 October 2012 (UTC)