Hi Taka. I left some questions at Commons:Deletion requests#Image:Usnea 1 (2005 07 19).png. Is the PNG version the original? Do you have a digital camera that produces PNG images? Or did you scan the photo? dbenbenn | talk 03:24, 31 July 2005 (UTC)
- Ah, so the original is sideways. Could you please upload the original sideways version? There are tools that can losslessly rotate JPG images, but most programs will lose quality doing that. I'll be happy to losslessly rotate the picture for you. dbenbenn | talk 14:56, 1 August 2005 (UTC)
- Thank you for helping with identification. I’ll wait a little bit for confirmation of your suggestion before renaming image and uploading second one. As for me this dragonfly seems very similar to Calopteryx splendens's male, but I’m not zoologist :-)
Tree of Life
misschien ben je geinteresseerd in Commons:WikiProject Tree of Life?
TeunSpaans 06:06, 30 January 2006 (UTC)
- Hoi Teun. Op zich heel interessant (maar vrijwel oneindig) project. Misschien een idee om ook op publieke photo sharing sites te zoeken. Bijvoorbeeld http://www.flickr.com waar ook foto's onder Creative Commons kunnen worden gezet. Je kan ook mensen vragen om foto's vrij te geven onder de voorwaarden van de wikipedia. O.a. User:Pethan heeft daar ook heel wat staan (http://www.flickr.com/photos/73879350@N00/). Ik heb er ook een account. Taka 10:07, 3 February 2006 (UTC)
Thanks! A.J. 20:21, 4 April 2006 (UTC) a.k.a "zakwitnij"
- My pleasure. Now let's hope that it is actually going to be used :). Taka 21:04, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- I put it in en:Xanthoria parietina and nominated here Commons:Featured picture candidates. I'm sure it's worth that! A.J. 11:03, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
I renamed five files according to the criteria of Rename, but I gave the CommonsDelinker bad commands.    I think I've fixed all the problems this caused, but if you see others please tell me. Sorry. Walter Siegmund (talk) 23:54, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
Biodiversity Photo - route
My name is Rita Neves.
I work in Câmara Municipal de Lisboa, that is a Public Organism in Portugal. Actually, we are working on a road book of Biodiversity of Lisbon, for which we are going to produce a panel and a brochure. We found your photos on Wikimedia Commons and liked specially one of them very much, so we would like to know if you could allow us to use your photos, for free, to publish on this project, knowing that the brochure of will be for free distribution to everyone. The photo we are considering to use are the following:
Phalacrocorax carbo http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Phalacrocorax_carbo_%282005_08_28%29.jpg
The brochure will have four brackets. - Broochura a pocket to take the route - A brochure to present the day of inauguration - Schedules for species identification - Panels that will be fixed in the Land
As i said the Free Access will be everything :)
If you are the author and provide us that photo, we will refer your name in the bibliografy and we need to know what´s the name you want on the bibliography? Taka?
If it´s possible please respond to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or here on Wikimedia.
Thank you very much. Our best regards