User talk:The RedBurn
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 23:02, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- 1 Image:Acorn_Street_Beacon_Hill_Boston_Massachusetts.JPG
- 2 Image:Smurfen.jpg
- 3 TUSC token 77d8ea7a871118c1cab5e7a32483a8a9
- 4 Image:Toutes boîtes.jpg
- 5 Wikimedia Commons has a specific scope
- 6 Tip: Categorizing images
- 7 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Acorn_Street_Beacon_Hill_Boston_Massachusetts.JPG&action=edit&redlink=1 My picture was removed for copyright infringement but I took this picture myself. I can provide the RAW image file with EXIF data showing my camera's serial number.
- Is it you who uploaded it http://www.flickr.com/photos/62425681@N02/6217976218/ (it was mentioned as the source)? If so, you can simply change its license on Flickr and request an undeletion. If not, you can reupload it AND use the OTRS to ensure it won't be deleted by error. The image page on Commons mentioned the Flickr image as a source. Regards, The RedBurn (talk) 09:37, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- What's the difference with by example Image:Tintin_exhibit.jpg ? The RedBurn 07:46, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
TUSC token 77d8ea7a871118c1cab5e7a32483a8a9
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
|Pay attention to copyright||Image:Toutes boîtes.jpg has been marked as a copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content, that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added will soon be deleted. If you believe this image is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the image description page.
Wikimedia Commons has a specific scope
Thank you for your contributions. Your image or other content was recently deleted, or will soon be deleted, in accordance with our process and policies, because it was not, or is not, within our scope. Please review our project scope, but in short, Commons is targeted at media files including photographs, diagrams, animations, music, spoken text and video clips. Wikimedia Commons does not contain text articles like encyclopedia articles, textbooks, news, word definitions and such. Each of these other kinds of content have their own projects: Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wiktionary and Wikiquote.
If the content seems to fit the scope of one of those other projects, please consider contributing it there. If you think that the deletion was in error because the contribution really was in scope, you can appeal it at Commons:Undeletion requests, giving a reason why it fits our scope to help others evaluate the matter. Thank you for your understanding. Sdrtirs (talk) 15:08, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, The RedBurn!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 03:18, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Water sealed pan french.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.