More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
-- 16:59, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
File:Blason James Scott (1er duc de Monmouth).svg
Hi Tinynanorobots. Here are some tips:
- In the inkscape, there is a option in File->Drawing properties called "resize page to content" and the button "Resize page to drawing or selection". This will be very usefull to you.
- If possible, when you'll gonna save a file, choose the option "save as plain SVG". This will remove the Inkscape configurations from the drawing, making it smaller;
- Another thing you can do is choose one of the COA available at commons and avoid moving the background xP.
- By the way, if you have the text describing the coat of arms, please add in the file description (include the source of the text, if possible). This enhances the drawing confiability. Giro720 (talk) 01:40, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Marquess of Bute COA.svg was uncategorized on 2 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:18, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|Category:Keythongs_in_heraldry has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
|File:Royal Coat of arms of Bulgaria.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Coat of arms of en:Lady Mary Grosvenor
Hi! I couldn't help noticing your interest in arms. I saw that you created File:Duke of Westminister COA.svg and I was wondering if you could create an image of the same coat of arms displayed on a lozenge or an oval, to be used in the article about en:Lady Mary Grosvenor. I'd really appreciate that. Thanks! Surtsicna (talk) 22:11, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
|File:Arms of Mozambique.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Earl of Mar and Kellie
Hi, I have just uploaded yet I noticed your . Your arms seem quite different, I would be grateful to know your source and its date of publication? I listed my source on the image page Summary-Description. Yours ever, Czar Brodie (talk) 00:43, 29 April 2013 (UTC)