More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:24, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:MultiChipModule.JPG is uncategorized since 9 March 2009. BotMultichillT 06:24, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Systemz10BC.JPG is uncategorized since 9 March 2009. BotMultichillT 06:24, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
|File:Hercules IPL of IBM ESA-390 hardware emulation running Debian GNU-Linux.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
(i changed your fast deletion to slow deletion; it is screenshot of opensource software; most of text is generated by GPL Linux)`a5b 13:51, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- The permission and license on the file is still incorrect. The uploader cannot claim its their own work and apply a CC license to it, AFAIK. --TreyGeek (talk) 13:59, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
Why was that SHSU image deleted?
- You'll have to ask the admin that ultimately deleted the image. It did not appear, to me, to be substantially different from the University's logo. The image also lacked any EXIF, or other metadata, that normally accompanies images created with GIMP, Photoshop or other image editing software. I did notice subtle differences in the LSU logo, however, I'm not sure the differences are enough for you to claim it as your own work (as opposed to a derivative of a copyrighted work). It might go up for deletion by someone, if not me. Your other uploaded images (UFC on FX prelims, Facebook prelims) are also suspect in my mind for the same reason (lack of EXIF/metadata from image editing software). I cannot find exact matches though I have found similar images and they might also go up for deletion, though not speedy deletion. --TreyGeek (talk) 13:47, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:29, 17 March 2015 (UTC)