More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Art Nouveau Categories
Hi Turn685, please be careful before you remove Art Nouveau categories. I've reverted your edit at File:Ulm Hirschstraße 9 Reliefband von Martin Scheible über dem Eingang 2011 09 29.jpg which is clearly Art Nouveau and which is also recognized by the refered to literature as such. --AFBorchert (talk) 06:18, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- I apologize but I don't speak German so I can't read your description. The reason it was removed is because I'm clearing out the uncategorized files that are located in Art Nouveau architecture. --Turn685 (talk) 06:46, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for sorting the categories, I noted your work shortly after I put the photograph back into the Art Nouveau categories. But you should be able to identify Art Nouveau even if you cannot read their descriptions when you go through these pics :) Regards, AFBorchert (talk) 08:02, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
The image File:Coat of Arms of Trinidad and Tobago.svg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Coat of Arms of Trinidad and Tobago.svg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
The image File:Coat of Arms of the Republic of Seychelles.svg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Coat of Arms of the Republic of Seychelles.svg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.