More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
- Image:Bight of Biafra 1841.jpg is uncategorized since 1 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:24, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Okada Nigeria.jpg is uncategorized since 16 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:25, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:OAU Palm farm.jpg is uncategorized since 16 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:25, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Onuaha.jpg was uncategorized on 22 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:27, 23 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Onitsha montage.jpg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 23:11, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Abia tower.jpg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 23:11, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Umuahia montage.jpg was uncategorized on 11 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 20:16, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
|File:Aguiyi Ironsi.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
File tagging File:Ijele.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Ijele.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Thank You for the Wikipedia Pictures
Hello, My name is Duane Hurst and I recently made a free (non-commercial) English web site to share information with people. I added links to your Wikipedia/Wikimedia freeware picture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Igbo_contemporary_masquerade.jpg). I also gave credit to you on my web pages for your work. Thank you for sharing with the public. My website is:
I add pictures such as yours to one of the following major sections of my site: 1. World section - contains information and over 10,000 images of every world country and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/index.htm
2. USA section - contains information and images of every USA state and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/usa/index.htm
3. English section - "Mel and Wes" lessons in conversation format. Stories are located in various USA states and world countries such as China, England, Germany, Japan, Mexico and Thailand. Each lesson has many slang terms and idioms, which I link to my Slang Dictionary. This eventually will have over 5,000 terms. Currently, it has about 3,000 slang and idioms. I regularly add new lessons and slang terms. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/lessons/index.htm Slang Dictionary link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/slang/Eslang_a.htm
Prior to retirement, I taught English at several private and public universities in the United States.
Please share this free site with your friends. I hope all will enjoy the pictures and find the English information useful. Sincerely, Duane Hurst in Utah, USA
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org --126.96.36.199 18:00, 13 December 2012 (UTC)