|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Please link images
- 2 Image:Rowland Heights Hills.jpg
- 3 Quality Image Promotion
- 4 Quality Image Promotion
- 5 Category:Little Business
- 6 FP promotion
- 7 Operation Crossroads
- 8 FP promotion
- 9 Cool Cal Poly pictures
- 10 File:Cal_Poly_Library_Entrance.jpg
- 11 Requesting fair-use of picture
- 12 Tip: Categorizing images
Thank you for providing images to the Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to the Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate category and optionally place the images on topic pages (galleries), or do both (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on the Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
Thank you. Siebrand 09:48, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! File:Random Access Memory.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! File:From across the Hills.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
- The category was meant to be a nickname for the particular plant. I was researching the picture while uploading it to find the correct name for the plant and the tag was left on. I removed it and tagged it correctly. -- victorrocha 07:02, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
The image Image:RedDaylily.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/Image:RedDaylily.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
I'll second that, great restoration.
||G'day! I love File:Operation Crossroads Baker Edit.jpg, that you've uploaded to Commons, so I've nominated it for Featured Picture status. Its nomination is at Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Operation Crossroads Baker Edit.jpg. Best of luck! Sarcastic ShockwaveLover (talk) 10:48, 12 May 2009 (UTC)|
The image File:Operation Crossroads Baker Edit.jpg, which was nominated by Sarcastic ShockwaveLover at Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Operation Crossroads Baker Edit.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Cool Cal Poly pictures
- Thank you. I'll keep updating it when I have the time. I still have plenty of pictures.Victorrocha (talk) 07:00, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- I concur. Keep taking pictures to replace all the images on the current page. Your quality is much better than the ones currently there. Please feel free to take different shots, angles and subjects.(Seaprt (talk) 21:34, 7 April 2010 (UTC))
|File:Cal_Poly_Library_Entrance.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
18.104.22.168 01:58, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
Requesting fair-use of picture
Hello Victor, I really like two of your Cal Poly Pomona pictures on flickr, and would love if you could change the licensing to a Creative Commons license. I like this picture so it could go under the student life section. It shows students walking and riding bicycles with the CLA Building in the backdrop. The second picture is this one, which shows Kellogg's old stables --the first building on campus-- and could go under the history section. Thank you so much! --Marco Guzman, Jr (talk) 06:32, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- My apologies for the late reply but I have been essentially retired from Wikipedia after they changed their photograph licensing requirements to almost nothing. I have made a specific exception for the two photographs you have noted and have uploaded them with appropriate licensing. I'm not much of an editor, so I'll allow you to place the photographs in the articles as you see fit. The links to the photographs are here and here. I look forward to seeing them up on the Cal Poly page. Victorrocha (talk) 05:45, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.