More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
-- 14:47, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Cooperation contract between Armenian Encyclopedia & IT School signed on 30.09.2011.pdf was uncategorized on 4 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 02:50, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
Regarding large file uploads
You can try enabling the experimental "chunked uploads" preference (under "Upload Wizard" in Special:Preferences); with a modern browser (e.g. recent versions of Chrome, Firefox), it should try splitting the file into 1MB chunks during upload, which allows you to bypass the 100MB limit. Technically the limit is 500MB, but until : 36587 is fixed, it often times out for very large files. 150MB may just be within the range, though, so give it a try.--Eloquence (talk) 23:24, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
|File:HSH01 ArmSovEncyclopedia01.djvu has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.