- 1 Re: Open Search in new tab
- 2 File:Alexander Adams (Hawaii).jpg
- 3 Cropping
- 4 File:1 percent Cat.jpeg.
- 5 Commons Android
- 6 Autopatrol given
- 7 Andorid Commons works weirdly
- 8 Sugestion
- 9 File:All Saints Church 2013-09-02 03-44-59.jpg
- 10 "Copy metadata" in campaigns
- 11 Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
- 12 Request for removing your upwizcampeditors
- 13 Muzei for Wikimedia Commons
Re: Open Search in new tab
Hello. Please see: en:MediaWiki talk:Gadgets-definition#The search gadget is now a preference on the Commons. --Timeshifter (talk) 23:18, 23 September 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Could you help me straighten and crop File:Alexander Adams (Hawaii).jpg? Please only crop the area where the book page is and the black border, and leave everything in the picture intact.--KAVEBEAR (talk) 04:33, 31 December 2012 (UTC)
- Yes those numbers at the buttom should be cut out. Commons:Media for cleanup says you should move the text to the description, but those are just somethung like internal IDs. Look at the cropped ones from the same source, for example uncropped and cropped. --Sporti (talk) 13:34, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
File:1 percent Cat.jpeg.
The original cat image was probably not taken by the uploader - Quite right too - I found it at http://www.funnycutestuff.com/2012/cat-wears-tuxedo-and-tie/ without the text (Talk) 20:35, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
Thank You VERY much for your message. I didn't knew where I had to write and I was a (little bit) frustrades. I Know it's a beta, so I take it as if I was a beta tester, and I hope my help can make better the app. In the second part of my message I mention that if the APP was better the files could have been automatically licensed, because in the previous version (I don't know if in this one) When uploading, there's only two options: name of the file, and description. I believe that an option of lisensing (it automatically gives an CC 3.0, which is OK, but in a mobile APP I believe that the option of being able to add a FoP-template could be useful too) and also an option of categorising, just as the one in the web version could be great additions for future versions. Thanks a lot for your interesent, and I hope I can help you improving the APP.--Coentor (talk) 11:35, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- Plus, I've had for days some files queued (doesn't uploads). All the files have a dot in its name. Probably is also a bug.--Coentor (talk) 11:37, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'll try to re-upload it (fortunatelly, all the files were part of the same set). The issue of the lisensing is, IMO, the less important. But the option of adding categories directly from the APP I believe that should be urgent. Thanks a lot for your interest.--Coentor (talk) 11:45, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- Multiple upload doesn't works. I tried to hold and tap (just as I usually do for deleting files, for exemple) and it didin't responded. It only allows to upload files one by one.--Coentor (talk) 12:41, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- My first try is being uploaded right now. I believe I can say it works perfectly. Thanks.--Coentor (talk) 13:15, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing it. I believe that the update can await (at least, until the categorising issue is added, then I believe that a new update should be necessary). Thanks a lot for your atention.--Coentor (talk) 16:16, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Today I tried to upload a file with some "-" and "." signs in its name, and it shows the very same problem as in the previous week: the file has been queued all this time, despite I've given the order of reupload in two different times.--Coentor (talk) 13:40, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
- Campoamor-R. Argentina-Iecla Mestalla al fons, was the name.--Coentor (talk) 11:30, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'll upload some, to try.--Coentor (talk) 17:00, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
- Finally, I could upload the file (without any "." in the name). See the categorisation. Is OK, but it appears the "non categorised" template. Except for that, it works perfectly!--Coentor (talk) 21:55, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Good interface. At first I failed when categorising, but at second sight is quite easy. —look also what happened here, because it added perfectly the description (with language added, even) but it failed when adding the categories.--Coentor (talk) 22:02, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you.--Steinsplitter (talk) 09:49, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
Andorid Commons works weirdly
Hi. Today, when trying to upload files with android commons as usually, I've seen that the program has given many problem when working. It literally freezes at X% (different, in each file) and after a time without continuing uploading, it cancells the upload. In all the afternoon I've only uploaded six or seven files, all the other tries have failed! I've even unintalled and reinstalled the program and nothing changed.--Coentor (talk) 20:58, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hello. Today new problems. When trying to upload multiple files, the program crashes. If I try to re-upload the queued files, program crashes again. In the other hand, I've tryied individual upload and it works normally.--Coentor (talk) 08:46, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi: Would it be possible that the android app would be able to upload video direclty from mobile? I believe that the main problem would be that the program should be able to convert the file from the average video system in adroid (.mov? .mp4?) to ogg. Otherwise, to transfer the video from cellphone to computer and then convert the file is more difficult that giving the order of uploading, as usual, and wait that the program will convert the file. Bye!--Coentor (talk) 18:30, 29 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hi! have you seen if this suggestion could be implemented? thanks.--Coentor (talk) 10:19, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
|File:All Saints Church 2013-09-02 03-44-59.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
"Copy metadata" in campaigns
Hello, do you know if there is a bug about "Copy metadata" button not working in WLM uploads? There are several reports in Commons:Upload Wizard feedback. I don't know how the upload screen is for WLM, so if you could file it it would be probably clearer. --Nemo 10:02, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey. Your answers will help us improve the organization of future photo contests!
In case you haven't filled in the questionnaire yet, you can still do so during the next 7 days.
And by the way: the winning pictures of this year's international contest have been announced. Enjoy!
Request for removing your upwizcampeditors
Hello Yuvipanda, there is a discussion about a request regarding your Upload Wizard Campaign Editor userright, which have never been used or not used recently. You can participate discussion in Commons:Requests for rights#General request. If you have a reason that your upwizcampeditor be kept, please let us know. This is just a notification of discussion you may be involved. Best regards, — 레비Revi.
Muzei for Wikimedia Commons
Hi. I've been told you may have interest on this. I'd guess that can be done also on Wikimedia Commons official app. Anyway hope you like the idea or refer it to someone with some interest on it. −ebraminiotalk 20:37, 5 March 2014 (UTC)