User talk:Zephram Stark
What can I do for you today? --Zephram Stark 18:51, 11 November 2005 (UTC)
Hi there! Thanks a lot for your help with the wikispecies logo, it is much appreciated and I think it looks great. Could you please create a text-version png of the "winning version" image, basically the same thing as you did for the "organic version" file? Thanks a lot, Benedikt
- Sure, I'll get right on it. --Zephram Stark 04:59, 15 December 2005 (UTC)
- How's this?
The solid shapes are created in AutoCAD. The coils are true splines that translate poorly to SVG as multisegment polylines. The fills are custom coloring schemes in CorelDraw. For highest quality, changes to the shape must be done to the rudimentary objects in AutoCAD before they are translated. Changes to the colors should be done in CorelDraw with the custom color fountain fills. The best I can offer for versatility here is a very large, good quality jpeg. Several people requested changes to the shape and color before the final logo was decided and I was happy to oblige. --Zephram Stark 23:45, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Zephram Stark!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:53, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Wikiversity-logo-zs.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.