|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 13:54, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:27, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Christopher Austin.jpg is uncategorized since 8 July 2009.
- Image:Christopher Austin Paul Morley.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Bhudda mental ray.jpg was uncategorized on 14 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:00, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
You stated that permission had been granted--if the permission for this particular image is not stated on the website, you will need to send the granting of permission to OTRS. 22:23, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, and thanks for helping me out here. The image was given directly to to me by the originator to use here. He gave me express permission to use it as I want. He is aware that the picture has been uploaded to the Commons, and is pleased to help. Can you let me know what I should do in this instance? As far as I am aware, I took ownership of the image outside of the Wikisphere, before it was uploaded. Perhaps I just need to remove the "permission granted" line from the image, as this complicates matters? Thanks for your help, I am not experienced at this, and want to do it correctly. Thanks! Zzubnik (talk) 23:07, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
I moved your image Image:Blue_Flower.jpg to Category:Veronica chamaedrys because the flowers are typical (at least in Britain), event without a clear view of the stem or the leaves. Best regards -- Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 15:09, 10 May 2010 (UTC)