Wrangelbrunnen

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Wrangelbrunnen is a fountain in Berlin, first time errected in 1877, since 1903 located in Urbanstraße/Grimmstraße, Berlin-Kreuzberg. This fountain was sculpted by Hugo Hagen and was paid and donated to the city of Berlin by Prussian field marshall Friedrich von Wrangel , nicknamed Papa Wrangel. The 4 figures are symbolizing the main rivers of the former state of Prussia: The Rhine, always male (Vater Rhein) plus three barebreasted women as Weichsel Vistula, Oder Odra and Elbe. On the top there are four putti. First location of Wrangelbrunnen was at Kemperplatz/Berlin-Tiergarten. In 1902 it was replaced by the Rolandbrunnen (Berlin), which was destroyed in WW2.
Deutsch: Der Wrangelbrunnen hat seinen Namen vom Stifter Feldmarschall Friedrich von Wrangel. 1866 von Hugo Hagen verfertig, wurde der Brunnen erst 1877 auf dem Kemperplatz aufgestellt, musste aber bereits 1902 dem Rolandbrunnen (Berlin) weichen und steht seit dem Grimm- Ecke Urbanstraße in Berlin-Kreuzberg.


Historische Bilder[edit]

Am gegenwärtigen Standort[edit]