Category:Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Indian union territory
|Instance of||union territory of India|
|Part of||South India|
[[Image:Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India (disputed hatched).svg|right|150px]] The Andaman and Nicobar Islands (Bengali: আন্দামান ও নিকোবর দ্বীপপুঞ্জ; Tamil: அந்தமான் நிக்கோபார் தீவுகள், Hindi: अंडमान और निकोबार द्वीपसमूह) are a group of islands and a Union Territory of India. The territory is located in the Indian Ocean, and geographically is considered part of Southeast Asia. It comprises two island groups, the Andaman Islands and the Nicobar Islands, separated by the 10° N parallel, with the Andamans to the north and the Nicobars to the south. The Andaman Sea lies to the east and the Bay of Bengal to the west. The territory's capital is the Andamanese town of Port Blair. The territory's population was 356,152 (as of 2001). Added together, the total land area of the territory is approximately 6,496 km² or 2,508 sq mi. The indigenous people of the Nicobars (unrelated to the Andamanese) have a similarly isolated and lengthy association with the islands going back 30,000 to 60,000 years.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Culture of Andaman and Nicobar Islands (7 C, 1 F)
- ► Flora of the Andaman Islands (empty)
- ► Geography of Andaman and Nicobar Islands (14 C)
- ► History of Andaman and Nicobar Islands (7 C, 2 F)
- ► Nature of Andaman and Nicobar Islands (13 C)
Pages in category "Andaman and Nicobar Islands"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Andaman and Nicobar Islands"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Adventurous Andaman.jpg 700 × 450; 463 KB
- Ailanthus Kurzii.jpg 3,480 × 4,640; 6.26 MB
- Andaman trip package.jpg 700 × 500; 391 KB
- Convict surgeon herbivore fish.jpg 2,628 × 1,596; 2.93 MB
- Coral recruit Andaman.jpg 3,503 × 2,093; 3.24 MB
- Devil scorpionfish Scorpoaenopsis diabolus.jpg 3,229 × 2,083; 3.99 MB
- Dollar fish or grouper.jpg 2,000 × 1,550; 1.58 MB
- Dracontomelon dao 2.JPG 4,608 × 3,456; 5.15 MB
- Dracontomelon dao 3.JPG 4,608 × 3,456; 6.23 MB
- Radhanagar Beach Havelock.jpg 828 × 620; 69 KB