In Greek mythology, Athena (also spelt Athene, Attic: Ἀθηνᾶ, Athēnâ or Ἀθηναία, Athēnaía, Epic: Ἀθηναίη, Athēnaíē, Ionic: Ἀθήνη, Athḗnē, Doric: Ἀθάνα, Athána;) is the goddess of wisdom, peace, warfare, strategy, handicrafts and reason, shrewd companion of heroes and the goddess of heroic endeavour. She is the virgin patron of Athens, which built the Parthenon to worship her. Information from the English Wikipedia Athena.
The Roman deity Minerva is thought to share a common root with Athena, coming to Italy (it is thought), via Etruria. For this reason depictions of both Anthena and Minerva often show many similarities. See English Wikipedia Minerva.
This is a main category for Greek goddess Athena and her Roman parallel Minerva in New time. For Ancient Roman depictions of Minerva please use Category:Minerva, but for images of both Athena and Minerva in post-antique media please use sub-categories of category:Athena, such as Category:Paintings of Athena and category:Post-antique statues of Athena.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Athena in ancient Roman mosaics (1 C, 7 F)
- ► Birth of Athena (1 C, 6 F)
- ► Athena in drawings (43 F)
- ► Athena in emblems (4 C, 20 F)
- ► Heracles and Athena (2 C, 26 F)
- ► Owl of Athena (1 C, 14 F)
- ► Temples of Athena (19 C, 1 F)
Media in category "Athena"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Alfons Mucha 0.jpg
- Athena Plaque on Class...
- Baedeker Athens panora...
- Busterminal am Flughaf...
- Cornelis de Ronde 003.jpg
- Fußgängerüberweg zu...
- Hinweisschild zum Abfl...
- Schlafender Hund am Em...
- Χάλκινο έλα...