Bihar (Hindi: बिहार, Urdu: بہار) is a state in eastern India. Bihar is the 12th largest state in terms of geographical size at 38,202 sq mi (99,200 km²), and 3rd largest by population. Close to 85 percent of the population lives in the rural countryside. Almost 58 per cent of Biharis are below the age of 25. Bihar lies mid-way between the humid West Bengal in the east and the sub humid Uttar Pradesh in the west. It is bounded by the country of Nepal to the north and by Jharkhand to the south. The Bihar plain is divided into two unequal halves by the river Ganga which flows through the middle from west to east. Bihar has notified forest area of 6,764.14 km², which is 7.1 per cent of its geographical area. Nalanda was a centre of learning established by the 5th century BC in Bihar, India.
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► Architecture of Bihar (11 C, 2 F)
- ► Culture of Bihar (22 C)
- ► Divisions of Bihar (1 C)
- ► Nature of Bihar (8 C, 1 F)
Media in category "Bihar"
The following 53 files are in this category, out of 53 total.
- Bihar Highlights.jpg 1.3 MB
- 12th Certificate.pdf 165 KB
- Aulia Baba.jpg 15 KB
- Bihar Special Litti Chokha.jpg 1.07 MB
- Bikramganj.jpg 64 KB
- BolBihari logo.jpg 36 KB
- BR 2000.png 234 KB
- Charumati bihar.jpg 1.67 MB
- Edutech Soft PVT. LTD.JPG 2.25 MB
- Edutech soft pvt.ltd.JPG 2.04 MB
- Harihar sai dham.JPG 180 KB
- Iispllogo.jpg 49 KB
- Jagjivan Ram.jpg 105 KB
- Nandnama Village.jpg 119 KB
- Prabhakar road 2016.jpg 61 KB
- Shahpur Patori Station.jpg 4.54 MB
- Sitamarhi Mahotav.jpg 311 KB
- Tarachandi.jpg 645 KB
- Terai greenary.jpg 209 KB
- The holy River Ganges(india).jpg 8.04 MB
- Trolly ride in Rajgri.JPG 464 KB
- Village bungpur.jpg 2.87 MB
- Vishnu maha Jag.jpg 194 KB