Category:1940 Summer Olympics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
12th edition of the modern Summer Olympics, scheduled in Tokyo in 1940, rescheduled in Helsinki, and later canceled due to World War II
|Instance of||Summer Olympic Games,|
cancelled sports event due to World War II
|Location||Meiji Jingu Stadium, Meiji Shrine Outer Garden, Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Point in time||1940 (cancellation, Second Sino-Japanese War, expected)|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished date|
English: The 1940 Summer Olympics were initially planned to be held in Tokyo, Japan; they were later relocated to Helsinki, Finland, due to the start of war between Japan and China; they were finally cancelled in 1939 due to the expansion of World War II in Europe.
Media in category "1940 Summer Olympics"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- KITLV A367 - Vuurwerk op de Sumida tijdens het Riviercarnaval in Tokio, KITLV 36125.tiff 3,533 × 4,480; 45.3 MB
- Olympic stadium of Helsinki in 1930's.jpg 1,217 × 805; 192 KB
- Poster Olympische Sommerspiele Tokio 1940.jpg 792 × 1,265; 576 KB
- Ruskeasuon ratsastushalli Raisiontie 10 Helsinki.jpg 768 × 431; 176 KB
- Souvenir cloth of OL 1940 at Sporvejsmuseet.jpg 1,708 × 1,280; 958 KB
- Soyeshima und Baillet-Latour in Berlin 1936.png 424 × 292; 144 KB
- Treffen zur Absage der Olympischen Sommerspiele 1940.png 405 × 306; 137 KB
- Voorbereidingen Olympische Spelen 1940.jpg 500 × 373; 41 KB