Category:229 Clinton Avenue Frederic B. Pratt House Caroline Ladd Pratt House
229 Clinton Avenue between Dekalb and Willoughby Avenues in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in 1895 as the residence of Frederic B. Pratt, a son of Standard Oil magnate Charles Pratt, and was designed by Babb, Cook & Willard in a combination of the Georgian and Northern Italian Renaissance Revival styles. It is now the Caroline Ladd Pratt House of the Pratt Institute and is used as a residence for foreign students. The building is entered through a two-story stoa or pergola which was built to hide the side of the building next door. It has six Ionic columns and six caryatids and atlantes supporting a trellis on the second floor. The building is located within the Clinton Hill Historic District. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and "Clinton Hill Historic District Designation Report")
Media in category "229 Clinton Avenue Frederic B. Pratt House Caroline Ladd Pratt House"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.