Category:27th Infantry Regiment Heraldry
Coat of Arms
- Shield: Argent, the insignia of the Siberian American Expeditionary Force Proper.
- Crest: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Azure two krises saltirewise Gules, hilted Or, in the upper angle a crescent Argent.
- Motto: NEC ASPERA TERRENT (Frightened By No Difficulties).
- Shield: The regiment saw service in the Siberian Expedition 1918-1920, this is indicated by the charge on the shield, the shrapnel case in blue outline with the blue polar bear seated.
- The 27th Infantry was organized in 1901.
- It saw fighting in the Philippines, particularly in the Lake Lanao expedition.
- This service is indicated by the crest.
- Motto: The motto has been in use by the Regiment since its activation and translates to “Frightened By No Difficulties.”
- The coat of arms was originally approved on 1922-01-12.
Distinctive Unit Insignia
- Left: On a black oblong a wolf's head erased facing to the left in gold above the motto "NEC ASPERA TERRENT" in gold letters.
- Right: On a black oblong a wolf's head erased facing to the right in gold above the motto "NEC ASPERA TERRENT" in gold letters.
- The insignia is 1 inch (2.54 cm) in height.
- The wolf's head is a glorified design developed as a result of the nickname "Wolfhounds" for the 27th Infantry. The nickname "Wolfhounds" was adopted by the organization due to its service in Siberia during World War I. The motto has been in use by the Regiment since its activation and translates to “Frightened By No Difficulties.”
- The distinctive unit insignia was approved on 1931-05-01.
- Hoist: Three Feet.
- Fly: Four Feet.
- Organizational colors:
- Background: National flag blue
- Fringe: Yellow.
- Letters and Numbers: National Flag Blue
- Scrolls: Yellow
- The flag has a solid background with an embroidered American eagle displayed centered thereon, in Proper Colors.
- In its right talon the eagle holds an olive branch; in its left talon, a bundle of 13 arrows, all in proper colors.
- Its beak grasps a scroll inscribed with the unit motto.
- Below the eagle is a scroll inscribed with the designation of the organization.
- On the eagle’s breast is embroidered the shield of the coat of arms and the crest is above the eagle’s head.
Media in category "27th Infantry Regiment Heraldry"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.