Category:Aberlemno (ship, 1876)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The Aberlemno was a iron barque built in 1876 by Birrell, Stenhouse & Co., Dumbarton, as yard no. 14 for D.T. Boyd, Glasgow. Later, she had several owners in quick succession, c.1878 Aber Shipping Co., Glasgow, 1880 North British Shipping Co, 1883 H. Grierson & G. Cowper, Glasgow and 1888 M. Tutton, Swansea. On Feb. 18, 1892 she beached three miles west of Dover[1] but was refloated and probably she beached 1897[2] near Ilfracombe again. 1905 sold to Skibs A/S Durban (A.J. Grefstad), Kristiansand, and was renamed Durban and 1912 sold to A/S Halewood, Arendal and later much various Norwegian owners. 1918 she was converted to twin-screw motor vessel. 1923 scapped at Moorburg, Germany.
Her dimensions were = length × beam × depth: 183.4 × 31 × 18.5 ft (55.9 × 9.4 × 5.6 m) and she had a tonnage of 771 GRT, 735 NRT and 720 tons under deck.[3][4]

Names:

  • Aberlemno (1876 - 1905)
  • Durban (1905 - 1920)
  • Mary (1920 - 1923)

Media in category "Aberlemno (ship, 1876)"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.