English: Acedia (also accidie or accedie) describes a state of listlessness or torpor, of not caring or not being concerned with one's position or condition in the world. It can lead to a state of being unable to perform one's duties in life. Its spiritual overtones make it related to but distinct from depression. Acedia was originally noted as a problem among monks and other ascetics who maintained a solitary life.
Media in category "Acedia"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Acedia (mosaic, Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière).jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 2.99 MB
- Brueghel - Sieben Laster - Disidia.jpg 3,000 × 2,311; 2.59 MB
- Comburg Kanzel 07.jpg 1,176 × 1,728; 401 KB
- Kecske-templom 22.jpg 1,024 × 768; 183 KB
- Sankt Bartholomäus (Reichenthal) 07.jpg 1,456 × 2,034; 696 KB
- Todsünden (Goltzius) G 0334 III Acedia.jpg 800 × 1,419; 501 KB