The Achimota School was founded in 1924 and opened in 1927. With the visit of the former Prince of Wales (the later British king Edward VIII) in the year 1925 was changed the name of the establishment to Prince of Wales College and School. The school was formally opened 1927 as boarding school with the self-declared aim of "...providing for the educational needs of the people of the Gold Coast...".
The today nickname of the Achimota School is "Mototown", alumnus/alumni of this college is called "Akora". The main campus of the Achimota School consists of an 1,300 acre area (526 hectare or 5,26 km²) in Achimota, a township of Accra. The centre of the school complex, which beside a primary and a secondary school consists also a school-own kindergarten, a hospital, a police station and a golf course, is located around of:
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Achimota School"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.