Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Mosque of al-Azhar was founded by Jawhar al-Siqilly, the Fatimid conqueror of Egypt, in 970 as the congregational mosque for the new city of al-Qahira. The first khutba was delivered from its minbar in 972 and a university was established there in 988.
This is a category about a monument in Egypt identified by the IDEG-C-004
mosque in Egypt
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Media in category "Al-Azhar Mosque"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Azhar flooplan.svg 811 × 837; 165 KB
- Gamal Abd El-Nasser inside Al-Azhar Mosque.jpg 194 × 222; 76 KB
- Lamp of Aqbugha, about 1340. Albert and Victoria Museum2.jpg 4,592 × 3,056; 3.55 MB
- Lamp of Aqbugha.jpg 3,056 × 4,592; 4.41 MB